The Student Room Group

car help.. need opinions

ok guys i need your help. i crashed my car about a month ago (rolled it 4 times) no1 woz hurt thankfully. anway my insurance before the crash was £1500 on a 1.0l corsa. now im being quoted about 1800 - 2000. thats part 1 of the problem. the 2nd part is that now i cant afford afford anything 2 special. i hav a budget of something around £2000. any1 think of a different car, all my friends have 106's, 306's, corsa's, punto's, bravo's, minis's. is there a hidden little different car thats ment for me. btw im not looking for any sympathy or any i told u so's or any plain "what a ****'s." cheers for any help.

Scroll to see replies

somethng with a small engine. itll be more expensive since you have crashed
There's always little cars like Renault Clios and VW Polos.
Reply 3
Get the bus
Reply 4
Juno
Get the bus

hmmm a bus what a great idea, maybe i cud charge my m8s 4 lifts... wont the insurance be expensive though? lol
Reply 5
Juno
Get the bus

Nah, he probably wants something practical. :wink:
Reply 6
http://cars.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/c_100354123_new_used_cars.html

Go there and browse cars in the bottom 3 insurance groups :wink:

Preferably Group 2 or 1
Reply 7
Awww, crap, that 1.0L Corsa was group 1 or 2, you aren't going to get anything cheaper! :eek:

soz
Volvo 340 1.4 - rear wheel drive fun. Find one owned by an old granny on eBay - budget about £500 for a late model ('89-'91 will do). Lowest miles is best, but these cars will do 150000miles and more over their life.
Reply 9
My friend had a Daewoo Matiz, just an 850 engine, she used to call it her little 'Lawnmower' :smile: Anyway it was tres cheap to insure and as that was a few years ago will be v.cheap to buy! Hope that helps!
Reply 10
Hi just looked on Auto Trader (www.autotrader.co.uk) and they range from £1,150 to £1,750 in my area so should be similar in yours! Plus they look damn cute! Good Luck in finding a cool car!
Reply 11
never fear, bigdave is here.
you say u want a car a bit different? ok then.
first of all forget owt french. i wont go into the reasons for this tho.
forget italian e.g punto and all that stuff.
think more german and japanese, like suzuki swift, theyre alright. and some have small insurance friendly engines. you cannot really go wrong with a jap car... unless you start putting big sunstrips and wings on it.
golf mk,1,2, polo 2,3 cars like that. great build quality and you would have more style with one rather than a vauxhall.

if you want to get some REAL respect think about getting a mini (old one like) theryre timeless. small size engines and they are on classic insurance (old ones). and will turn more heads that ANY corsa with sunstrip and roof spoiler. fact.

:tsr:
shuvle
ok guys i need your help. i crashed my car about a month ago (rolled it 4 times) no1 woz hurt thankfully. anway my insurance before the crash was £1500 on a 1.0l corsa. now im being quoted about 1800 - 2000. thats part 1 of the problem. the 2nd part is that now i cant afford afford anything 2 special. i hav a budget of something around £2000. any1 think of a different car, all my friends have 106's, 306's, corsa's, punto's, bravo's, minis's. is there a hidden little different car thats ment for me. btw im not looking for any sympathy or any i told u so's or any plain "what a ****'s." cheers for any help.
:frown: I feel sorry for you.

I know, cars are so expensive, hey! I've spent so much time saving up for mine, and I ended up having to get a bomb of a car but nevermind it'll do me b/c I'm 17 and will use it for practice/work etc.

Anyway if you're thinking of getting a newie (like me, hehe), Mitsubishi Mirages are supposed to be quite good and economal - cute too. Male or female? Being female I'm more into cutsey cars anyway lol but then being PC I don't wanna generalise :eek:
your probably best to go with that 1.0 corsa. Its not essential to have a car with a massive engine. Plus as its a vauxhall, its usually cheaper to buy parts if you ever need to repair it.
Reply 14
cleo
get an old style mini, my mate has one, they;re stylish, cheap, feels like your going faster than you actually are and insurance is cheap. But then again we do call his car 5hiterider
Reply 16
Micra's are immensely reliable.
Go to a police auction, where you can get good cars at very low prices, you're sure to pick up a bargain
Reply 18
what about a ford ka people?!?!
Yeah Kas are alright, try and get one with colourcoded bumpers if you can, the grey bumpered ones tend to fade like nobodies business.

Latest

Trending

Trending