The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It is the best all-round paper.
Reply 61
It's the one I choose to read, when I read a paper, but it has a proportion of crap in it like all papers do.
Reply 62
In France "The Times" is known as the best british publication. "The Guardian" is also very well known.
Reply 63
Anything owned by News Corp and Rupert Murdoch is a steaming piece of ****.
It's not bad.

The Daily Star pwns it though
Reply 65
id say the Times is the best, but I was really surprised that the Fort Hood story wasn't on the front page a few weeks back.
Maybe im being slightly pedantic... :p:
Reply 66
Bagration
Sorry, I meant it was hilarious.

Oh right haha. The forum-posting-machine had starred out a word in your previous post which I was finding really confusing lol :laugh:
Come on, the telegraph is much better than the times for actual news content, the website is better as well. The times seems to have become very sensationalist since the start of the recession.

Why are people saying the independent? Last time I looked at it, it had some climate change story on the front page and not very much other news inside.
It's the one I read, yes. Although I was slightly put off by a column a couple of weeks ago that basically said "O NOES MY SON'S GOING TO SECONDARY SCHOOL AND I CAN'T HAVE HIM GOING TO A STATE SCHOOL I JUST CAN'T!1!"
Reply 69
The Times is a good newspaper and I read it every day.

The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph and The Independent are good too.
Reply 70
Yes, I read it and always have done.

My school was the former home of the founder of The Times newspaper, so I grew up with The Times as it was delivered FOC every morning to the school!
Reply 71
Diaz89
Anything owned by News Corp and Rupert Murdoch is a steaming piece of ****.

I'm going to say this as politely as I can.

You're talking ********.
Reply 72
I remember when I worked in a newsagents...Not sure if it's the same elsewhere but there were definitely shopper habits there: the Mail was by far the most popular...mainly because they gave free things away, but also because it was a fairly middle of the road paper. The red-tops were the only ones I'd call 'Bad Papers'...occasionally people would actually apologise for buying them :giggle: The number of Times readers definitely decreased whilst I was there so despite never having read the paper myself I guess the Times readers probably had good reasons for doing so, most began to buy the mail or stopped buying a paper but some began reading the telegraph or guardian...personally I like the guardian :h: especially at the weekend...but I don't buy papers regularly...the Times just didn't seem to be able to compete with the mail, lost customers and this probably had an affect on the quality....
They have the best political cartoons by far and their letters page is pretty good, but it's the telegraph all the way for me.
The Sunday version is deifinitely the best Sunday paper. The Ingear section in particular is a very good read. However, it can be a bit boring during the week.
Reply 75
thesun > all
well ... at last you get every article in it! and there are girls!

and if yu want some news go to times or guardian. :wink:
Reply 76
I for one read The Guardian :pierre:
Compared to the Daily Wail and others of similar ilk, it is.
tigermoth99
Compared to the Daily Wail and others of similar ilk, it is.

Nice, I've not heard that one before! I'll remind myself to use it at some point this week when trashing my friend's paper-reading habits.
Reply 79
like it, but prefer the telegraph.

Latest

Trending

Trending