Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

-Why is your school so fantastic/rubbish/ok

-Which famous people have gone to your school/are going to your school/should have gone to your school.

-Where would you have liked to have gone to school

ReputationRep:
    Because i went there.

No-one but me.

The place i went to.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    rubbish/ok
    GCSES: 19% A*-C.
    Average A-Level point score: 119.2.
    There are some really nice people there, but many others who shouldn't be in education.

-Which famous people have gone to your school/are going to your school/should have gone to your school.
    Nobody really. Perhaps I should try to set a precedent?

Grammar or private. If I intended to have children (which I don't) I'd send them to one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby)
    Ok.

My school is fantastic as the A-level and GCSE results are good with lots of grade C's or above. In addition, it is top in the county's league table.

Not sure about famous people though.

I would want to go to a college or a private school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby)
    Ok.

lots of very disturbed children went there, teachers comming and going I had 6 bio teachers in 2 years!

Norwich city footballer ( i think )

I would have liked the private sector :rolleyes: any children of my wont suffer what i did and will be going to private schools :p:

ReputationRep:
    My school is only average in terms of results (46% 5 A*-C at GCSE) but I like it and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    Mine isn't very good..

Lee from Steps went to my school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby)
    Ok.

-My school was the top comprehensive for A-level the other year.
    -No one I know of.
    -Gah, probably where I went to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby)
    Why is your school so fantastic/rubbish/ok

My school is generally good because we have really good exam results nationally and I like the atmosphere.

Hugo Weaving went to my school (played Agent Smith in the Matrix and that guy I forgot his name in Lord of the rings.)

I don't think i'd change my school........

ReputationRep:
    Ulrika Johnson went to my school. That pretty much sums it up really...

ReputationRep:
    Old School:

(Original post by Sebby)
    Ok.

It is rubbish because we got 23% A*- Cs lol. A Level results are not so bad (average of 190 points) but still way below average

(Original post by Sebby)
    John Terry, maybe a few other people

(Original post by Sebby)
    Some good private school somewhere

As for my college, it has had no famous people ever but it has decent exam results at least - average of 280 points at A Level

ReputationRep:
    It's big, it's got...character....
    It's on the top of a hill and looks quite impressive from the front. It has some great teachers (most retired now admittedly). A great sporting reputation, and also for the arts. Too many neds though.

Gail McGrane the weather girl went there (and was guest of honour at our prizegiving this year)

I did almost get to decide where I could go to school. Of the local ones I picked mine, but we were going to move to Edinburgh, and I picked Fettes College because it sounded academically good, as well as having a good arts reputation and it generally impressed me.

ReputationRep:
    my school is ok, i like the people and teachers
    apparantly kate winslet went to our school
    i would not have liked to go anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby)
    Ok.

My school is good with 75% pass rate at GCSE. I don't like it though, the fact it has good results doesn't change the fact it's a horrible atmosphere and its really clicy, I don't know how different that is from other schools but I know having senoir members of staff with a poor attitude to certain aspects is a problem and probably no different to any other school.

None that I have been made aware of

I don't know what it'd been like any where else, I think it'd probably been better though.

ReputationRep:
    - I love my school it has a just below average pass rate at GCSE but i just love the atmosphere. The teachers generally respect us, and teach because they enjoy it rather than because the moneys good.

-peirce brosnan, and loads of young actors who have been in soaps and films.

-i like to of gone to a private school just so i could have a kinky school girls outfit and get good grades

ReputationRep:
    I think my old school had just about scraping average GCSE results, but that's mostly because of a disproportinately high number of A/A* candidates for the past few years compared to usual. I know too many people who left without many, if any GCSEs at all. It used to have worse grades, but at least there was a community. Now the head teacher is hated by all and has no idea how to run the place. Nobody famous went to my school.

Then there's my college. I think it has okay A-level results, and I much prefer the people there, but I wouldn't say it is terribly easy to do well there. Teachers cancel lessons all the time, there's little (none in 3 of my subjects) homework and very little communication between teachers and students. Since it's quite a large institution (over 1000 pupils per year I think - but that's not all doing A-levels; BTEC and GNVQ and stuff included) it's not surprising that some "famous" people have gone there. We've had June Sarpong (T4 presenter), Brian Harvey (the guy from East 17 who recently keeps trying to kill himself), the head of Burger King International and founder of Pontins, Teddy Sheringham (footballer).. and probably some others.

I don't think I would have changed my choice of institution though, even though I haven't had the best experiences. I'm not adamantly against private education, but I'd rather work hard for myself and know that I've achieved off my own back rather than off Daddy's money, and anyway, "Daddy's money" barely pays for the basics right now. Even if I got very rich when I'm older, I still wouldn't send my children to a private school, or even a grammar school. I do think comprehensives teach one a lot more about the skills you will actually need in life, rather than smothering a child in arrogance and obselete tradition.

ReputationRep:
    I like my school - as much as you can like a school anyway - obviously I'd rather be somewhere else than at school but if I had to be at school I'd want to be at mine. The results are quite good - about 70% A*-C for GCSE. The teachers are nice and they don't mind putting in extra work for revision sessions or if you need help with coursework you can go see them even if you're not in a lesson. We've even got one teacher's email address for homework help. I'm not in the sixth form yet but I've heard that the teachers give you their mobile numbers so you can text them if you need help with anything, which is quite nice too.

I think some old band in the 90's started at our school but I don't know much about it - I don't think they were THAT famous though.

If I could chose where I went to secondary school again, I'd probably chose the same place.

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    I think my old school had just about scraping average GCSE results, but that's mostly because of a disproportinately high number of A/A* candidates for the past few years compared to usual. I know too many people who left without many, if any GCSEs at all. It used to have worse grades, but at least there was a community. Now the head teacher is hated by all and has no idea how to run the place. Nobody famous went to my school.

Then there's my college. I think it has okay A-level results, and I much prefer the people there, but I wouldn't say it is terribly easy to do well there. Teachers cancel lessons all the time, there's little (none in 3 of my subjects) homework and very little communication between teachers and students. Since it's quite a large institution (over 1000 pupils per year I think - but that's not all doing A-levels; BTEC and GNVQ and stuff included) it's not surprising that some "famous" people have gone there. We've had June Sarpong (T4 presenter), Brian Harvey (the guy from East 17 who recently keeps trying to kill himself), the head of Burger King International and founder of Pontins, Teddy Sheringham (footballer).. and probably some others.

I don't think I would have changed my choice of institution though, even though I haven't had the best experiences. I'm not adamantly against private education, but I'd rather work hard for myself and know that I've achieved off my own back rather than off Daddy's money, and anyway, "Daddy's money" barely pays for the basics right now. Even if I got very rich when I'm older, I still wouldn't send my children to a private school, or even a grammar school. I do think comprehensives teach one a lot more about the skills you will actually need in life, rather than smothering a child in arrogance and obselete tradition.
    YOu can get some horrible private schools though.

ReputationRep:
    Ilford County High School Frm Yr9 - 11 and Tiffin Boys from 7-9

Highest Academic Achievements in area and since i got there it must be the best

Trever Brooking, Alec Stewart, Varun Chopra, Micheal Parkinson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    YOu can get some horrible private schools though.
    What does that prove?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.