Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    I don't think it would be right to carry on with the show- not even to finish the series or whatever. It just wouldn't. =(
    The current series is gonna continue according to BBC because it was prerecorded.

ReputationRep:
    That's very sad news
    It simply wouldn't be right to film another countdown, though they could repeat every episode from the very beginning in his memory.

ReputationRep:
    I am very sad. Richard Whitely was a fantastic entertaniner and a very amusing person. Countdown will never be the same.

ReputationRep:
    Richard Whitley has died - the presenter of Countdown

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4625119.stm

ReputationRep:
    I didnt even know he was ill :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    Tis soo weird - he was on the show only like a few days ago looking fine :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126417

He was probably looking fine because the shows are prerecorded.

ReputationRep:
    That's so weird..I never imagined Richard Whiteley would die.I don't know.He's one of those people who doesn't die...like Jill Dando and Princess Diana!

ReputationRep:
    Its so sad, shocking!

ReputationRep:
    thats terrible news

OMG!!! That is a really shock, He was a legend RIP

ReputationRep:
    No!

:eek:

Afternoons will never be the same

ReputationRep:
    RIP Richard Whitley

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't believe he was dead. I saw the thread title and thought this was just a sick joke, so i checked the BBC. I feel really bad for his family.
    He seemed like the nicest, friendliest man you could ever wish to meet. The guy is a legend
    I don't think Countdown should carry on. They've got enough episodes to re-run for years. I feel really sad now, he was only 61! There's one of those Channel 4 promotional ads where they ask people what they want to be remembered for, and he humbly said "as the first face on Channel 4". He'll be remembered for much more than that.

ReputationRep:
    one of the few presenters on TV that you generally liked even if he did look a bit silly and was presenting a horribly cheesy programme!

ReputationRep:
    Whoever and if they choose a new presenter just won't fit in I feel because for most people countdown was all about Richard Whiteley seeing as hes presented for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    I don't think Countdown should carry on. They've got enough episodes to re-run for years. I feel really sad now, he was only 61! There's one of those Channel 4 promotional ads where they ask people what they want to be remembered for, and he humbly said "as the first face on Channel 4". He'll be remembered for much more than that.
    hear hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saagar)
    Whoever and if they choose a new presenter just won't fit in I feel because for most people countdown was all about Richard Whiteley seeing as hes presented for years.
    it would be fitting to close it now. another presenter wouldnt be any good in the seat. he was countdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saagar)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4104622.stm
    Obviously, this article was written before he died, but they might do this as a permanent thing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.