Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, im pretty sure my performance in Biology won't get me higher than a D this year. It won't affect me getting into uni luckily, but even so I think id still like to retake a module if i can!
    does any1 know if its possible to retake a module or a whole a level during the first year of uni?

ReputationRep:
    May I ask out of curiosiy what your offer is? I think you can retake a module if you decline your grade. If you get your A level cerified I think you cannot retake anymore. But I can be wrong. Best ask your exam officer and even better try not to be so pesimistic until you actualy get the results.

ReputationRep:
    In my school when you go to uni your allowed to come back in january to retake an exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    May I ask out of curiosiy what your offer is? I think you can retake a module if you decline your grade. If you get your A level cerified I think you cannot retake anymore. But I can be wrong. Best ask your exam officer and even better try not to be so pesimistic until you actualy get the results.
    i need 280 points to include at least 2 6-unit awards. I already have 200 points from AS, so that just means 2 C grades at A level.....i hope....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahsum)
    Hey guys, im pretty sure my performance in Biology won't get me higher than a D this year. It won't affect me getting into uni luckily, but even so I think id still like to retake a module if i can!
    does any1 know if its possible to retake a module or a whole a level during the first year of uni?

i need 280 points to include at least 2 6-unit awards. I already have 200 points from AS, so that just means 2 C grades at A level.....i hope....
    I would resit the modules that affected your overall grade for Biology (e.g. taking 1 or 2 modules to improve your overall grade for A-level Biology) instead of the whole A-level. I would resit it in January.

According to your offer, you need 2 A-levels that would add up to 280 points. Your AS-levels (3 unit) doesn't count, as they want two 6 unit awards (i.e A-levels are 6 unit awards - AS [units 1,2,3] +A2 [units 4,5,6]= A-level 6 unit award). Basically, they want your overall A-level grade when you get your results on the 18th.

ReputationRep:
    According to your offer, you need 2 A-levels that would add up to 280 points. Your AS-levels (3 unit) doesn't count, as they want two 6 unit awards (i.e A-levels are 6 unit awards - AS [units 1,2,3] +A2 [units 4,5,6]= A-level 6 unit award). Basically, they want your overall A-level grade when you get your results on the 18th.
    They want at least 2 ] 6 unis awards which means AS levels can count in place of 3rd A level. There is no way that 2 A levels alone can give you 280 points as AA is only 240.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure that my offer means i need to get 280 points from studying 2 A levels and a combination of AS. I have done 4 ASs from which i got AACC = 200 so to make up the 280, i need 2 Cs this year from A levels right?

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure that my offer means i need to get 280 points from studying 2 A levels and a combination of AS. I have done 4 ASs from which i got AACC = 200 so to make up the 280, i need 2 Cs this year from A levels right?
    Don't forget your A2 levels aren't counted again from AS.
    CCcc gives 80+80+40+40=240 (I presume you carried forwards your two As).

ReputationRep:
    i got AACC at AS and which equals 200 points. So to get 280 points including 2 A2s i need 80 more points, which is the same as 2 Cs (40+40)right??

ReputationRep:
    no because u cannot count the two AS grades which you are carrying on to A level. so for example u have AACC but u r carrying on two of those..(AA (MAYBE)) so u cannot take the AA into account when counting them up. u can only count ur as grades u have not carried on plus ur a level grades u get this year. if that makes sense!!

ReputationRep:
    yes but the A level grades are double the AS grades, so effectively they do still count....
    AS level:
    A = 60 x 2
    C = 40 x 2
    total = 200
    A2 level:
    i would need 2 Cs (40) to get 280 total from my 2 years of study
    eeek now im scared but i think im right

ReputationRep:
    yes but the A level grades are double the AS grades, so effectively they do still count....
    AS level:
    A = 60 x 2
    C = 40 x 2
    total = 200
    A2 level:
    i would need 2 Cs (40) to get 280 total from my 2 years of study
    eeek now im scared but i think im right
    Yes, that's right, as it's impossible to get 280 with only 2 A-levels (AA is only 240). It's best to double check if you are worried with the universities.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.