Turn on thread page Beta

Hair for prom watch

ReputationRep:
    possibly up in one of thosethings that look like there only held up by 2 chopsticks but are actually v intricate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Hmm methinks to get the kylie look - tong your hair to make gentle curls. Then take portions of the front of your hair pull it back and pin it loosely. If anyone watched This Morning today they will know what i'm talking about. Keep some of the hair down though for the Kylie look.

Cat - GET OFF HERE AND REVISE
    Thank you mother

ReputationRep:
    If you're not convinced on having it like the wedding you could have some of it pinned back....see photo of me at my 18th. It is a little frizzzy on the photo, but that is just my hair I'm afraid! I hate having mine up but its curly and wont stay straight and I didnt want to have it the way it looks everyday, that was the solution the hairdresser came up with! If you get a pretty clip, they have lovely ones in Boots, then it would look really nice on you. (i think) and u could do it yourself with some tongs or rollers.x
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachplatt)
    If you're not convinced on having it like the wedding you could have some of it pinned back....see photo of me at my 18th. It is a little frizzzy on the photo, but that is just my hair I'm afraid! I hate having mine up but its curly and wont stay straight and I didnt want to have it the way it looks everyday, that was the solution the hairdresser came up with! If you get a pretty clip, they have lovely ones in Boots, then it would look really nice on you. (i think) and u could do it yourself with some tongs or rollers.x
    Wow your hair is really long, I don't really want my hair curly and I don't think I'll have time to go out and buy a clip, but thanks and your hair looks lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Ok seen this pic in a magazine its on http://www.johnfrieda.com/flash.htm go to:

"Our products" then "brilliant brunette", I really love her hair but do you think that would work with my hair? (My pic is on the first post)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I can't get the site to load, but if you are getting it done at the hairdressers print it offf amd she wil advise you on if it would suit you. If you are doing it yourself, ask friends/mum/sisters etc good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_meiow)
    Ok seen this pic in a magazine its on http://www.johnfrieda.com/flash.htm go to:

"Our products" then "brilliant brunette", I really love her hair but do you think that would work with my hair? (My pic is on the first post)
    Her hair's really nice! You'll probably have to get a hair dresser to do it though, it would be difficult to do yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Her hair's really nice! You'll probably have to get a hair dresser to do it though, it would be difficult to do yourself
    Yeh I am going to the hair dressers.

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done at the hairdressers and to be honest I think it is the best thing to do. They can give you advice on what styles suit you so book an appointment for a consultation (which are usually free ).

I went for a half up look... see the photo (although it isn't v.clear!) xx
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    I had mine done at the hairdressers and to be honest I think it is the best thing to do. They can give you advice on what styles suit you so book an appointment for a consultation (which are usually free ).

I went for a half up look... see the photo (although it isn't v.clear!) xx
    Bit late for a consultation as its tomorrow and I've already booked the appointment to have it done, so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I didn't have a consultation but mine still looked nice. Good luck! Appoligies, I didn't read the whole thread. xx

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I didn't have a consultation but mine still looked nice. Good luck! Appoligies, I didn't read the whole thread. xx
    Cheers, how much did yours cost?

ReputationRep:
    Urmmmmm.... oooh good question. About £15 I think which I thought was quite expensive considering they don't wash it. That is another thing.... most hair dressers don't wash your hair...they just style it. Make sure you know that before you go. Also if your hair goes ultra silky, it is probably a good idea to wash it the night before or say 6 hours before your appointment. That way the style will stay in better. xx

ReputationRep:
    Urmmmmm.... oooh good question. About £15 I think which I thought was quite expensive considering they don't wash it. That is another thing.... most hair dressers don't wash your hair...they just style it. Make sure you know that before you go. Also if your hair goes ultra silky, it is probably a good idea to wash it the night before or say 6 hours before your appointment. That way the style will stay in better. xx
    I specified a wash so its included, nah my hair doesnt really go that silky so im fine. £15 aint bad, well i think.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.