Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Does anyone know how to get a job with the UN after graduation? I guess languages help...

    depends what you would like to do. Military service gets you involved with UN activitys, as does working with charity organisations like UNICEF

    On this link here, its a direct link to the UN recrutement page


    Generally, you will need a Masters Degree (i.e. postgraduate) in a relevant field, and also have circa. 5 or more years relevant work experience for the post you are applying for. There are opportunities for internships, but these (generally) also require you to be a graduate and are mostly self-funding (http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/examin/internsh/intern.htm and http://www.unysa-uk.org/index.asp?pid=70).

    Finally, the UN also recruits through a competitive examinations programme which can be found at http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/examin/exam.htm. Note, however, that you need to be a citizen of one of the participating countries.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo


"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.