Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, im thinking seriuosly about travelling next summer, incorporating Australia and hopefully the far east. Any advice, cheapest ways to travel, working etc?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! That sounds fab! The most common and reputable site I know of is

www.statravel.co.uk

Or you could always call in?

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank ye very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Hiya! That sounds fab! The most common and reputable site I know of is

www.statravel.co.uk

Or you could always call in?

Good Luck!
    Yeah it's a really good site, I second that. I used the Australian one (www.statravel.com.au) when I visited the UK a few years ago.

Also in country Australia they're always apparently looking for fruit pickers/other farm workers if you're really stuck for work.

ReputationRep:
    sta are ok, not the cheapest place around though.

Best bet is to check out thorntree.lonelyplanet.com and go from there.

By 'far east' i'm assuming you mean south east asia?

ReputationRep:
    There probably wont be anything significantly cheaper ways of doing it, as it's rather extravagant! I suppose you could hitchhike around the world :cool:

If you somehow get sponsored by the uni you want to go to, obvbiously you need a reason to why you think you're worthy of a sponsorship but im sure you could think of something

Or perhaps, you could just get a job, and go from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quinny)
    Hi guys, im thinking seriuosly about travelling next summer, incorporating Australia and hopefully the far east. Any advice, cheapest ways to travel, working etc?
    In Australia? Well the cheapest way to get work here if you are a traveller is to go fruit picking or somethign at some plantations because they are really strict with working visas here. You only get one once a lifetime or something to work here so dont waste it on a young piss-up trip.

Cheapest ways to travel are backpackers lodges, there are some really good ones around that ARE NOT DINGEY at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Yeah it's a really good site, I second that. I used the Australian one (www.statravel.com.au) when I visited the UK a few years ago.

Also in country Australia they're always apparently looking for fruit pickers/other farm workers if you're really stuck for work.

lol, see theres the proof, two aussie answer the thread in the same way.

ooh i didnt even remember STAtravel!

note: Use that its super cheap!

ReputationRep:
    www.hostels.com
    www.hostelbookers.com
    www.xe.com
    www.millets.co.uk
    www.blacks.co.uk
    are a few sites you may find useful with planning.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.