Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I finally glad I dropped Computing, I am looking forward to do my further studies with peace.

I had this Computing teacher. All he did was talk for 1 and half hours, he was just talking as if he is on the news. Not making sure we understand. He rarely write on board JUST talking.

If we do a test, he take our papers in, next lesson he gives us papers back with mark scheme and tell us to mark it.

Lately he talk for like 20mins and say do this, and he goes out and leave us alone.

Most of the time he eats crisps and drink cofee.

I dont think he ever ever marked my homework before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tindo)
    Most of the time he eats crisps and drink cofee.
    Hehe, one of my teachers used to come into a lesson and announce "I'll be right back, I need to get my resources" and reappear 5 minutes later with either a cup of coffee or his lunch He was an absolutely awesome teacher though, so no one cared.

Worst teacher for me? I had a teacher who got annoyed with me questions and started using the "gobble monster" when she answered them..

eg:
    Me: So, what happens to the CO2? Does it build up? Or isn't there enough of it to worry about that?
    Her: A gobble monster comes into the cell and eats it all up.

I think any male teacher who wears cycling shorts into school should go on the bad list :rolleyes: *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    We had a really rubbish ICT/Business studies teacher(taught us a module for each subject over a year!!!)

In year 12 all we got was 'I'll be back in 5 minutes' then he'd come back 5 minutes before the end and tell us we could go...after learning nothing, and sitting there for 55 minutes!!! When he did 'try' and teach he'd copy it out of a text book, and the textbook we used wasn't great on its own, so we needed 'proper' notes!!!!! I taught myself a whole unit for business studies, because I realised 2 weeks before the exam, that compared with the syllabus, we'd been taught nothing at all, so I told my other teacher we'd been taught nothing, and he gave us a whole pack of revision notes on everything!

I'd sit there so bored, and when it came to revision, what a suprise he made us copy out exactly the same OHP sheets as we'd done a few months, before. When we were taught lessons ended 10 mins early, thats if they took place, because he decided that we could have about 15 lessons off because we'd 'been taught everything' and we hadn't.

Also did homework, and haven't still got it back 4 months later, I should go in tomorrow, and ask for it all back, just before we finished the exams, so felt like going into his office, with the rest of the 'good' teachers there, and telling him what a rubbish teacher he was, because I don't think the others realise, but that would have been so satisfying, doing that!!!

ReputationRep:
    Had a teacher that was put in jail......dont think its appropriate to go into the details anyway....
    i dont understand teachers that cant control a class ... like my art teacher when i used to go to high school she was really short and cried at the slightest thing she was locked in a cupboard while everyone had a fight with clay...

not bein harsh but why teach?....although since goin through college i have found the teachers much better and easier goin...cud do with the whole "your here cos u wanna be" fact

ReputationRep:
    In my high school we had out fair share of supply teachers. You feel sorry for them because they couldn't control the class. There was a science supply teacher who we saw at parents evening, and he was "reading" something to us off a sheet, and my mum saw it was a blank piece of paper :hmmmm2:
    It was sweet though, afterwards one of my friends arrived and his mum was a bit tipsy and called him jesus :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    remember, lots of science & tech school teachers are failed engineers and researchers

ReputationRep:
    update people, today as usual we had to do our own work from the textbooks for Biology A2. But even so, the Biology teacher wasn't even there! He had pissed off for half an hour. He then comes back finishing the lesson 20minutes early and tells us go to the library and research the groups and kingdoms. (WTF!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spin)
    Hehe, one of my teachers used to come into a lesson and announce "I'll be right back, I need to get my resources" and reappear 5 minutes later with either a cup of coffee or his lunch He was an absolutely awesome teacher though, so no one cared.
    Lol. Although yours was a good teacher, your story reminds me of an absolutely dire teacher I had early on at secondary school. Every so often (every 10mins, say) she would announce that she needed to make a very important call and headed off to the dept. staffroom. We'd never fail to hear the click of the kettle and she'd come back in with biscuit crumbs spread across her face and in her hair! Ugh, the absent-minded scratching and unfocused eyes really creeped out the class the most though. *shudders* - and as for the teaching! *sighs* we got the odd badly photocopied sheet but that was about it really! Funny looking back on it but not really considering I was then taught by said teacher for the next 2 years for that subject... :eek: lol.

I've also had terrible maths teachers (except for one, at GCSE thankfully!) They couldn't add up,and they couldn't control the class either! I was in a low set for maths, with some of the scariest Y9s in the school, and at one point the kids that wanted to learn (including me) were left cowering in a corner after the others trashed the room and attacked the teacher! (upturning tables, breakingthrowing chairs, throwing chalk/rubbers/paper at the maths teacher etc).

I could go on about other bad teachers...but I won't, lol. (I'd take up too much room) :p:
    We should make a thread for the best teachers too though. Too often they get overlooked, and good teachers should know they are appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    www.ratemyteachers.co.uk

Let the world know the truth about said teachers

ReputationRep:
    My history teacher!!!!! Each lesson, it's "Turn to page 99 in your textbooks and do activities one, two and three." Next lesson, "Turn to page 100 in your textbooks and do activities one, two and three." It was unbearable, all we ever did was go through the textbook page by page.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! A website we can speak out on! I'm applying for the mod position for our school

Oh and on the subject of worst teacher. I'd say Physics :P

ReputationRep:
    It is a really good website - After a few people go on it makes it so blatently obvious who the best/worst teachers in the school are

ReputationRep:
    Their flyer isn't very good though :p:

I'll have to import the text to photoshop and spruce it up a little, maybe then I can use the flyer to attract some attention from the students

ReputationRep:
    no the worst teacher ever was from my school (fortunately he left - or maybe was sacked)...he *tought* me PE and Environmental Systems (only practicals though)...he couldn't even speak English and was just incredibly stupid... i hated him!

ReputationRep:
    my worst teacher has got to be my **** stats tecaher!!!! greets the class with a bonjour and then flips his hand about making no sense at all. gets very disappointed and annoyed if we ask him questions (he thinks we dont get the point!!!!!! when we are asking him to help us get the point). never helps at lunch times at all!!!!!! we alll dont like him even my pure maths teacher!!!!!! but unfourtunately we cant do anything about it!!!! cos we have got careers to save!

ReputationRep:
    My biology teacher always had high expectations of our class... It was a shame because he didn't teach the syllabus properly, rather, expected that us being the most abled class in the year would have no problem with the pace... He didn't teach us sewage because he thought we had the natural aptitude to pass that easily in the exam without being taught it... It was a real shame because our previous teacher for year 10 was so good and so understanding of us. Oh well, that's life, and it's made me stronger for putting up with him thats for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Physics. Just liked to play around with gamma rods.

ReputationRep:
    My DT teacher was a total cow. Whenever you want to talk about your work she'll say Oh haven't we done well,things like that.. But when it came to actualy doing the work she would say now you need to do this or that. She know nothing of the subject and my friends mum proved that at parents evening. She didn't try to teach us stuff really. She doesn't even know what the Tagh ma hal looks like(soz about the spelling).

ReputationRep:
    english teacher sucked.

ReputationRep:
    Ah...the fine old art of auto-didacticism.
    (A dying art, tragically)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.