Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The French teacher I had at the start of year 7.

Real words on first lesson: "Bone-goor mon class. I iz not a french Teachur, I am a German teachur, but this school is making me teach yu french, so teach yu french I vill."

She honestly didn't speak french, it was the old "one page ahead in the textbook from the little year sevens who don't know any better" trick.

ReputationRep:
    For year 7 and 8, i had a really bad French teacher. We never learnt anything, she used to just talk about her holidays and what she did at the weekend. As a result of her teaching, when we had a teacher that could actually teach when in year 9, we had to be taught all the year 7 stuff from scratch

Unfortunately she stopped teaching French, and started teaching German. We had her for year 9, and when i did german for GCSE. She left just before Christmas. Too late to help me pass GCSE German.

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully all my teachers are (or perhaps it should be were now that I've finished Y11) great.

ReputationRep:
    we had a biology teacher who had just qualified- the problem was that she was very clever she might have been a good teacher i dunno she didnt talk fluent english and every now and agin shed start talking in urdu!! so yeah there was no point in that it was just a background noise however i now know some urdu- shame i failed biolgy tho!

ReputationRep:
    the teacher who has been head of english at my school for the past 2 years (and taught me this year). i actually think he hates me - even though i am one of the better english students in my year, am going to study it at university etc etc. really really unprofessional - he has his favourites and he has the people he dislikes, and he really lets that affect the way he teaches them. also sometimes uses very personal insults to get his own back on students who don't think the sun shines out of his bum (he told someone i know who, for the record, is desperately shy and dealing with ongoing depression, that he thought she was the most supercillious and arrogant person he'd ever met). in 7 years at that school, the only time i ever got told off for attitude problems was by him, after he pissed me off so much that i shouted at him in a lesson. i think a lot of it is social actually, he comes from Oop North and takes every opportunity he can get to complain about sheltered middle class students/oxbridge students etc (groups in to which he thinks i fit perfectly). which really begs the question as to why he accepted a job as head of english in a southern grammar school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    the teacher who has been head of english at my school for the past 2 years (and taught me this year). i actually think he hates me - even though i am one of the better english students in my year, am going to study it at university etc etc. really really unprofessional - he has his favourites and he has the people he dislikes, and he really lets that affect the way he teaches them. also sometimes uses very personal insults to get his own back on students who don't think the sun shines out of his bum (he told someone i know who, for the record, is desperately shy and dealing with ongoing depression, that he thought she was the most supercillious and arrogant person he'd ever met). in 7 years at that school, the only time i ever got told off for attitude problems was by him, after he pissed me off so much that i shouted at him in a lesson. i think a lot of it is social actually, he comes from Oop North and takes every opportunity he can get to complain about sheltered middle class students/oxbridge students etc (groups in to which he thinks i fit perfectly). which really begs the question as to why he accepted a job as head of english in a southern grammar school.

Mine sounds completely petty compared to yours, Buttons7, but funnily enough this teacher is also the head of English (and Media Studies too i think). Attendance Rate - approx 10-20% of the time, willingness to help during that minority of attendance - 0%. Well and truly put me off taking English Lit for A/S level, a subject I am predicted an A for at GCSE, as I have seen the struggle some of the brightest Lit students in Yrs 12 & 13 have gone through trying to cover the syllabus with this teacher.
    To rub salt in the wound, add insult to injury and all the other phrases that could be used here, she blatently stated to our GNVQ Media class (yes it was compulsory :rolleyes: ) that we were unworthy of her time *raises eyebrow*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loradora68)
    Mine sounds completely petty compared to yours, Buttons7, but funnily enough this teacher is also the head of English (and Media Studies too i think). Attendance Rate - approx 10-20% of the time, willingness to help during that minority of attendance - 0%. Well and truly put me off taking English Lit for A/S level, a subject I am predicted an A for at GCSE, as I have seen the struggle some of the brightest Lit students in Yrs 12 & 13 have gone through trying to cover the syllabus with this teacher.
    To rub salt in the wound, add insult to injury and all the other phrases that could be used here, she blatently stated to our GNVQ Media class (yes it was compulsory :rolleyes: ) that we were unworthy of her time *raises eyebrow*.
    ok, that is worse than mine. certainly didn't learn as much from him as i did from other teachers, but at least he turned up. although he is a tosser of the first water.

ReputationRep:
    ok, that is worse than mine. certainly didn't learn as much from him as i did from other teachers, but at least he turned up. although he is a tosser of the first water.
    lol. Oh i did forget to write in my first post - this particular unnamed (God I would so be killed if she found out) member of staff has threatened to kneecap various members of my class....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loradora68)
    lol. Oh i did forget to write in my first post - this particular unnamed (God I would so be killed if she found out) member of staff has threatened to kneecap various members of my class....
    what a charming woman. yeh my old teacher preferred to keep it psychological. sorry if my moaning sounds petty but i really REALLY don't like him. i can't really understand how he got to be head of english, he's useless. someone in my class actually told me she learned more from me than from him this year.

ReputationRep:
    There used to be a maths teacher in my school that made her pupils CALCULATE HER TAX RETURNS in class ROFL!

Think she got the sack!

ReputationRep:
    what a charming woman. yeh my old teacher preferred to keep it psychological. sorry if my moaning sounds petty but i really REALLY don't like him. i can't really understand how he got to be head of english, he's useless. someone in my class actually told me she learned more from me than from him this year.
    Dont worry he sounds like an ass!

ReputationRep:
    Well we had this fat IT teacher (and i mean huge! - please don't take offense) and he was so big that when he sat at the desk he ould have to get a stick to point stuff on the whiteboard cos he was too lazy to get off his fat backside - it was hilarious! and he would never mark or prepare anything - he would just play solitaire on his computer all day long! At one point the year 10s decided to rebel and complained to all the teachers all the time until they decided not to turn up to 1 lesson and guess what?...he didn't care, he just sat playing solitaire! lol. and we found out on the last day of school that he had been sacked!

Well, this next teacher wasn't rubbish, infact he was very good. He was an english student teacher and he had some of the worst sweat problems every! You saw these big wet patches under his armpit and it was like...gross! and everyone would just laugh at him and he would go bright red in the face... i felt really sorry for him. But the worst bit was that my actual english teacher came up to me and told me to have a word with him about his problem and give some personal advice on how to sort it out!!!! She said she couldn't do it because she would be too embaressed. I was totally shocked! Luckily enough, i was going to tell hime in a few days cos i didn't know exactly what to say, (well can you blame me! I mean what do i say, 'oh by the way, sir, you may want to sort out your sweating problem!) but he must have finally realised to sort something out before i told him and luckily he had no more sweat patches...pheww!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I had a hilarious Health and Social Care AS teacher! He and our other teacher were teaching us different units of the course. When we first met him he told us to call him Kieren (which none of us did) and for the next few weeks we did nothing at all (obviously we did something but I can't remember what it was and it had nothing to do with the course). Then 2 weeks before the end of term he told us that because we'd got through our work so quickly that term we could watch a vid on our first lesson back after the hols. When we got back after the hols it was to find that 'Kieron' had told the school he was going to a funeral in Ireland and had never returned! We never did get to watch the video because we were so far behind!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.