Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Doubleplusgood :rofl:

and many more from that book...

ReputationRep:
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
    Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Peter: Why did the dinosaurs die out?
    Museum person: Because you touch yourself at night

Family guy

ReputationRep:
    look at my sig, they're all on there

EDIT: except the first ones a little bit altered for my own use

ReputationRep:
    'On ne naît pas femme, on le devient'
    Simone De Beauvoir

Trans: 'We are not born women, we become them.'

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ali quotes from (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ammad_ali.html)

My toughest fight was with my first wife.
    Muhammad Ali

Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life.
    Muhammad Ali

I'll be floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee.
    Muhammad Ali

I'll beat him so bad he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.
    Muhammad Ali

I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.
    Muhammad Ali

I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.
    Muhammad Ali

I'm the best. I just haven't played yet.
    Muhammad Ali

I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them.
    Muhammad Ali

If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.
    Muhammad Ali

It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am.
    Muhammad Ali

ReputationRep:
    I like the one in my signature- sang by some country musician.

It means that although you grow, you're never too grown. It also reflects some peoples attitudes towards life- people should realise where they stand compared to the earth!

ReputationRep:
    'Truth might be heroic, but it was not within the range of practical domestic politics'

from 'The Way of all Flesh', by Samuel Butler

Been there-too many times to remember

ReputationRep:
    "You're live on channel 4 please do not say f*** or buggar" - rather cheesy bo selecta.

ReputationRep:
    "Nope, I'm NOT God ................ but I'm British (which is the next best thing)"

ReputationRep:
    "There are two ways to win an arguement with a woman, and neither work"

"You think this is an office, but it's Hell with florescant lights"

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't!"

ReputationRep:
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer J. Simpson

"One in the hand is worth two in the bush" - Basil Fawlty

"**** happens" - Forrest Gump

ReputationRep:
    'Kick ass' Cartman- South Park.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have serious quotes i.e from real people not fictional charcaters and one's that have some real depth not some cheap wit?

ReputationRep:
    'No slappers' That is actually quite deep I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    Does anyone have serious quotes i.e from real people not fictional charcaters and one's that have some real depth not some cheap wit?
    I can do that too...

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find that harder I work, the more I have of it"

ReputationRep:
    'When we are born we cry that we have come to this stage of fools' - King Lear, King Lear (Shakespeare)

"It is better to be feared that loved, if you cannot be both.' - Niccolo Machiavelli

'Think like a wiseman but communicate in the language of the people.' - William Butler Yeats

'The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes.' - Tony Blair

'There is no meeting of minds, no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: Defeat it or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must.' - Tony Blair

'Give us the future, we've had enough of your past. Give us back our country, to live in , to grow in, to love.' - Michael Collins

'I am become Death, destroyer of worlds.' - Robert J Oppenheimer

When President de Gaulle demanded that American troops be removed from French soil, Lyndon Johnson asked whether that included those who were buried beneath it.' - Irwin Setzler, "The L'ondon Times"

'The reason why the sun never sets on The British Empire is because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.' - The Professor ( who's British ), in 'Sliders'

"If you hold your fire until you see the whites of his eyes, you will never know what hit you"? - President Franklin D. Roosevelt (May 1941)

'The scum of the earth... but what fine soldiers we have made them." - Duke of Wellington's opinion of the ordinary British soldier

"Seldom dry, but often running over, as if the Heavens were a wounded eye, perpetually weeping over it." - 17th century French observer comments on Ireland's climate

Parties on the back of Parties, at war with the world and with each other."
    - Thomas Carlyle, 19th century historian, talking about Ireland.

"In later years, it was common, and I was guilty in this respect, to question the motives of those who joined the new British armies at the outbreak of the Great War, but it must, in their honour and fairness to their memories, be said that they were motivated by the highest purpose, and died in their tens of thousands in Flanders and Gallipoli, believing that they were giving their lives in the cause of human liberty everywhere, including Ireland." - Sean Lemass, Prime Minister of Ireland, 1966.

"Here is a shared memory that we didn't share, forgot to share, for almost ninety years." - President Mary McAleese, commemorating fallen Irish soldiers in Flanders, 2004.

"To go for a drink is one thing. To be driven to it is another."
    - Michael Collins in a letter during the Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations.

"An independent Ireland would see its own independence in jeopardy the moment it saw the independence of Britain seriously threatened. Mutual self-interest would make the peoples of these two islands, if both independent, the closest possible allies in a moment of real national danger to either." - Eamon de Valera, 1920.

ReputationRep:
    "Life is like a beautiful melody only the lyrics are messed up" anon

always liked that one hence my name

This quote i like:

Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything.
    Sydney Smith (1771 - 1845)

and this one:

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old." Winston Churchill
    Makes me so proud! :bawling:
    Winston Churchill is a great man and have a lot of respect for the guy

ReputationRep:
    "Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it."
    --Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist.

(Original post by bodhisattva)
    "Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it."
    --Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist.
    :rofl: haha thats brilliant!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.