Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    -''For most of history, ' Anonymous' was a woman'' Virginia Woolf
    -Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about thing that matter- Martin luther king
    -Its better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.
    :smile:

ReputationRep:
    'we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars' - oscar wilde

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for giving me positive reinforcement today
    B.F. Skinner

ReputationRep:
    Hospitality is the ability to make someone feel at home when you wish they were

At the centre of your being you have the answer; You know who you are and you
    know what you want.

Give me one moment in time when I am more than I thought I could be

ReputationRep:
    ...Being yourself isn't hard. Finding out who you are is the hard part...

...One day your life is going to flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching...

ReputationRep:
    One by Tim Allen:

"Men are pigs. Too bad we own everything."

hmmmm...:hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    The quote (from my sig) that somes up my views perfectly:

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." Good old Dumbledore

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
    Ghandi - two wrongs don't make a right people

Something like " A man who hasn't found something to die for isn't fit to live" Martin Luther King

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less travelled by." Robert Frost. An important lesson there I think.

For when I feel optimistic:
    "Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

"Two lovers missing the tranquility of solitude." Random clever quote from The Jam there soz!

ReputationRep:
    Here are some I like:

"Hatred may prepare you for battle, but it makes a lousy weapon." - Rayden from Mortal Kombat Conquest

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

"Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born." - Ronald Reagan

ReputationRep:
    "Examinations are when the foolish ask questions the wise cannot answer" Oscar Wilde (a topical fave!)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    Love leaves a memory no one can steal" Unknown

"A true friend sees the hurt in your eyes when everyone else believes your smile" unknown

U2 "Walk On" and "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" lyrics. Too long to type.

ReputationRep:
    'One death is a tragedy, one million deaths is a statistic' Joseph Stalin
    sounds harsh but is so true

Another one from Stalin
    'When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use'

How about some from Lenin
    'A lie told often enough becomes the truth'
    'Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country'
    'Capitalists are no more capable of self-sacrifice than a man is capable of lifting himself up by his own bootstraps'

I like communism. A lot.

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Thorpe, on a MacMillan cabinet reshuffle.

"Greater love hath no man, that he lay down his friends for his life."

ReputationRep:
    " knowledge should be learnt from the cradle to the grave"

ReputationRep:
    "Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone of the last church falls on the last priest." (Emile Zola, 1840-1902)

"Normality is merely an excuse for a lack of originality" - Me.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C. Clarke

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced" - Greg Bear

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it." - John Adams 2d President of the United States

"I still say a church steeple with a lightening rod on top shows a lack of confidence."
    -- Doug McLeod

ReputationRep:
    Oscar Wilde made some GREAT quotes, I'll find them when I get home

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Max Groucho quotes like
    "I've had a wonderful time...but this wasn't it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead
    hehe, I like it!

Mine:

"U-turn if you want to. The lady's not for turning." - Thatcher

I'm not sure why i like this quote so much, i guess it just smacks of power and determination.

"Let our children grow tall, and some taller than others if they have it in them to do so." - Thatcher

Spot on.

"Better to have them inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in" - LBJ

:top: A genius and a character, and one of the greatest Presidents of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Oscar Wilde made some GREAT quotes, I'll find them when I get home
    I've always wondered if this quote was an Oscar Wilde quote or a Jerome K Jerome quote

"I like work, it fascinates me. I can sit and watch it for hours."

ReputationRep:
    Ok, there are loads that I love !!

"Nonviolence is the greatest arm at the disposal of mankind. It's mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction divised by the ingenuity of man" Gandhi

"Tha best way to destroy you ennemy is to make him a friend" Lincoln (i fink)

"Experience, name given by man to its errors" or sth like that..lol..Wilde

Ok the list is very long and those are the only ones I can remember for the moment..

ReputationRep:
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." Bruce Lee

"Dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask". X-Files

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it". Confucius

"It is hard to convince a high-school student that he will encounter a lot of problems more difficult than those of algebra and geometry". Edgar W. Howe

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. Author Unknown

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught". Baba Dioum

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before beginning to improve the world". Anne Frank

"Be the change you want to see in the world". Mahatma Gandhi

ReputationRep:
    "good is a point of view" - Palpatine

"the dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural" - Palpatine

"Better the rule of one, whom all obey, than to let clamorous demagogues betray our freedom with the kiss of anarchy" - Oscar Wilde

"Silent Leges Inter Arma" (The laws are silent in time of war) - Anon.

"Whenever you have an efficient government, you have a dictatorship" - Harry Truman

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.