Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "...which brings me to my next point. don't smoke crack" this is not remotely funny out of context, but if you have seen 'the waterboy', you shouldn't be on this site.

ReputationRep:
    Audentes Fortuna Iuvat - Fortune Favours the Bold

ReputationRep:
    Phone rang. Was Tom!
    "Bridget! You've lost so much weight!"
    "Have I?!" I said delighted, before realising observation was being made down telephone line - Bridget Jone's Diary

ReputationRep:
    "The autodidact is quite white, his eyelids are lowered over eyes of stone. He makes a feeble gesture with his hand, as if inviting me to choose.
    'Cheese,' I say heroically."
    - J-P. S

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Pratchett

"You will notice that I haven't said anything about lesbians. That's because, being a heterosexual man, I'm convinced that lesbians don't really exist except in a kind of purgatory until a real man turns them around. So few of us and so little time." - Robert Scheer

"Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May...But thy eternal summer shall not fade" - "Wow, did you write that?" - "Duh, it's like a famous quote" - "From where?" - "Cliff's Notes". - Clueless.

ZarathustraX

ReputationRep:
    some more from me:

'lust is easy, love is hard, like is most important.'

ReputationRep:
    I'm thick. I'm as thick as the big print version of the Complete Works of Charles Dickens. ---- Hugh Laurie

Been told this line is from Blackadder, I'll need to check it myself.

ReputationRep:
    more from moi:

"there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only few will catch your heart...pursue those'

"there are no shortcuts to any place worth going'

"never frown, even when your sad.Because you never know who is falling in love with your smile"

"life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take our breath away"

sorry i don't know who or where they are from but i like them so thought i'd share....

ReputationRep:
    "practice makes perfect"

but i said

"nobody's perfect"

so why the heck practice????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    "practice makes perfect"

but i said

"nobody's perfect"

so why the heck practice????
    your one reminded me of another:

"Nobody is perfect... I am Nobody!"

ReputationRep:
    'because you live, my world has twice as many stars in the sky..'

ReputationRep:
    i dont know if this in the thread or not, so:

"The best antiques are old friends"

ReputationRep:
    reach for the sky...even if you fail you will fall among the stars...

ReputationRep:
    Money isn't everything, there's also mastercard and visa!

ReputationRep:
    I think someone's said this already but what the hell I'll post it anyway:

'The best way to see Faith is to shut the eyes of Reason.'
    -Benjamin Franklin

ReputationRep:
    it happens to be in my signature,
    and there's more... 'god may have created the world in 6 days, but when he was resting on the 7th Beelzebub jumped up and created this place.'

ReputationRep:
    "All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. " Friedrich Nietzsche

"Hell is other people." John-Paul Sartre

"Politics have no relation to morals. " Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared. "- Niccolo Machiavelli

Michael

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepaim)
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
    Gandhi
    Actually, an eye for an eye makes two people lose an eye each.
    An for an eye for an for an eye.. etc, however...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.