Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hate LOTR, but everyone else I've spoken, apart from one person, to loves them. Is there anyone else who doesnt like the films, or am I just a bit of a freak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    I hate LOTR, but everyone else I've spoken, apart from one person, to loves them. Is there anyone else who doesnt like the films, or am I just a bit of a freak?
    I hate LOTR too. Too long and boring and unrealistic. The worst film ever. Worse than Larry Potter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm indifferent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I hate LOTR too. Too long and boring and unrealistic. The worst film ever. Worse than Larry Potter.
    its fantasy... its meant to be unrealistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    its fantasy... its meant to be unrealistic.
    Fantasy isn't my type of film which is why I dislike it.
    Give me a comedy or a scary film anyday.

ReputationRep:
    I must say I saw the first film and was dragged to see the second... I was bored stiff throughout both of them. I've never read the book though, plus I have a short attention span.

I still don't get why people go mental about it though.

ReputationRep:
    oh go away dickie

you know you're more than a bit of a freak

ReputationRep:
    Fantasy > *

Fuel your imagination. Old school Greek Mythology is awesome too.

ReputationRep:
    i hated it until i watched it a second time, now i love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    i hated it until i watched it a second time, now i love it!
    Yes, I reckon if you didnt read the book first, then you might consider the movie good.

Did you know the movie rights for the books were only £10,000. I think they are kicking themselves now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yes, I reckon if you didnt read the book first, then you might consider the movie good.

Did you know the movie rights for the books were only £10,000. I think they are kicking themselves now.
    your probably right, i tried reading the hobbit after seeing the films and fell asleep 3 times before giving up

ReputationRep:
    It isn't that bad. The movie was hard to really get into, and didn't dwell long enough on what I felt were the important bits, but it was something like 3 hours long anyway. Books are meant to be great though, as books usually are soooo much better than the flick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    oh go away dickie

you know you're more than a bit of a freak
    says the person who likes to do things with sticks...

ReputationRep:
    I hate them too. I don't see the point in 3 hours of little elves or whatever they are fighting each other.

Although Orlando is pretty fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    I hate them too. I don't see the point in 3 hours of little elves or whatever they are fighting each other.

Although Orlando is pretty fine!
    I quite liked the fighting scenes actually. Especially the killing of Sean Bean's character. 3 arrows. very nice.

ReputationRep:
    says the person who likes to do things with sticks...
    that was nearly three years ago...

never mind, I can't be bothered to go into Dickie's crimes against humanity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    that was nearly three years ago...

never mind, I can't be bothered to go into Dickie's crimes against humanity
    I wont go into last nights conversation then.
    for a 4th queen reference: you're a sewer rat decaying in a cesspool of pride :-P

ReputationRep:
    Freak. The films aren't that amazing, read the books and you'll get the whole idea of the story. The films have been transformed into very action orientated in order to appeal to as wide a fan base as possible and as such don't convey the full meaning of Tolkein's books (btw don't start with the Silmarillion). However, the film makers were a little stupid as they didn't quite get enough time spent in lulls betweeen the fightings in order to let the audience calm down, instead the breaks are too short and it often appears to be just one vast melee.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.