The Student Room Group

Advice on mathematics

I just like to know, maths isn't a popular subject is it? So there's bound to be places through clearing right? :frown: .
I predict myself: ABB, A in ICT :eek: . It was meant to me AAB, but I didn't do much C3 and totally crashed on that exam, I gave most of my time to ICT and physics. I WAS good at C3, then didn't do it for 2 months, focused on ICT and Physics as I didn't do as well in Jan in those two.
I forgot my exact grades but they're about: C1 = 85%, C2 = 85%, M1 = 85%, S1 = 80%...... :frown: .
Reply 1
hey thats still pretty good..i mean think about it..u still have a leaverage of doing pretty poorly on c3 n yet getting ur A even with a 65% on it..
n im sure u'll get more than that anyway...:smile:
wats ur 6th module? c4? hows that?
dont worry urself too much, theres no point in that
the results day will tell for sure!

meanwhile, these r normal post exam worries before the results :rolleyes:
just hope for the best..n b prepared for the worst!
good luck
Reply 2
I just realised I can't do C4 :frown: :frown: :frown: .
Reply 3
Even if i manage to get 100% on C4 (very unlikely, feels more like a B), I still might get a B, my C3 went really bad.........
Reply 4
seriously now, can I get into a moderately good uni with a B in Maths and an A in ICT or physics? (Through clearing)..... I heard maths is undersubscribed, or is that just for really really crap uni's?
Reply 5
im not entirely sure, but that fact is true that maths is undersubscribed..as for wat kind of unis, i really dont kno
but im pretty certain a moderately good uni shud b able to offer u a place (if u need it) in clearing
wat r ur current offers tho? ur firm n insurance place is very likely to take u in any case, even with a drop in grades!

seriously tho...instead of worrying over this right now, its better to jus get down to some good c4 practice!
Reply 6
Without patronising you, it's totally normal to worry about examinations you've done. If you get stressed in an exam then regardless of how well you've done, you always tend to look back on it in a negative way.
I know it's difficult but try not to worry, focus on the next exam.
Reply 7
Firm = Birmingham = AAB
Insurance = Manchester = ABB

I seriously predict myself ABB or ABC, A in ICT, B in Maths!
Tomorrow C4......... I can't get more than B so far on all the practise C4 papers :frown:

I wonder if they'll send me to some far place where there's no electricity...

If I don't get into uni this year, will I be able to retake some modules? Or won't the red brick unis accept me if my A levels are out of two years. (I heard this is the case for medicine).
Reply 8
^^ Will uni accept me with A-levels out of 2 years?
Reply 9
I'm almost certain they would, but it might be best to ring the departments.
If worst comes to worst and you do another year, you could always do further maths as+a2 in one year, boosting your chances of getting a place even more.
i applied to manchester, went had a look and didnt like, so i didnt go to the interview, they gave me an offer neway of AAB, then i had another look and liked it so i kin accepted it a grade higher, so stupid, cos for every1else who went for maths they got ABB offer, u reck they would b a bit leanient cos every1 else has a lower offer?

Latest