Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was about 10/11 and was moving really far away so got a goodbye kiss from my first boyfriend Ahhhh it was sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    there's no real romance when wasted, now that's what makes a kiss good :cool:
    no way a meaningless drunken kiss is rubbish, what you need is that crazy butterfly romantic feeling, thats wat makes a real kiss. who wants to kiss someone stinking of booze in front of loadsa people for the sake of it when you can have a nice romantic kiss with that special someone that makes you go weak at the knees lol. bring back the old dating etiquette i say!!!!! its alot more fun

ReputationRep:
    my first kiss was awful! it got ruined by the class clown running into 'us'

but my first kiss with my current boyfriend, was beautiful was truly spesh

never have drunken kisses tho, unless ur only after fun. if its romance you want, wait for the right person

ReputationRep:
    who thinks old dating etiquette should be brought back, who needs drunken meaningless kisses??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    who thinks old dating etiquette should be brought back, who needs drunken meaningless kisses??
    On first thoughts count me in, I'm all for customarty politeness. But from a completely selfish purspective, it everyone was like that people like myself would lose our edge over others. So guys, please continue to conduct yourself in an impersonal cut throat manner! (joke) best wishes

ReputationRep:
    Erm, well...for a long time I'd have been totally against this and said it's all about the romance and so on. And I still stick with that - kissing someone you care about and knowing they care too, and feeling all romantic and glowy - it's great and I wouldn't be without it.

But drunken "meaningless" kissing can be fun too. It's not the same, by any standard, but sometimes it's just a bit of a laugh and it's enjoyable for both parties. I'm not saying it's something I do the whole time, but I don't really see that much wrong with it. And if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't be with my bf now and I'd still be moping around going "Why don't men fancy me, why am I so unlovable...why am I still a virgin at 21 etc?" It's all very well having delightfully high morals, but I'm much happier this way, being able to tell myself "but you have dignity because you haven't kissed anyone and not meant it" would have been only a small consolation.

ReputationRep:
    but dont you think stupidly romantic gestures are so much fun?!

ReputationRep:
    but dont you think stupidly romantic gestures are so much fun?!
    If they're fun then by all means. Everyone has their own idea of what is fun, but its not the kind of thing I'd like doing. But I guess I find loads of things fun that others don't... best wishes.

ReputationRep:
    i think the perfect relationship is a happy medium of both romance and fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs)
    hey y'all
    this thread's a little less risque than the first time sex one but still fun. i mean, who doesn't have a sweet/ embarrassing/ funny first kiss story?! so basically share those cute moments with everyone on tsr. my first kiss was when i was 12 at a school disco. the boy, who was a whole year older than me (which made me v cool to all my friends) told me he liked my accent and asked me if he could kiss me. awww!
    xx pheebs xx
    I remember my first kiss I was 13 at a disco and his name was Brian lol......he was soooo cute ^_^ only ever seen him twice afterwards xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Erm, well...for a long time I'd have been totally against this and said it's all about the romance and so on. And I still stick with that - kissing someone you care about and knowing they care too, and feeling all romantic and glowy - it's great and I wouldn't be without it.

But drunken "meaningless" kissing can be fun too. It's not the same, by any standard, but sometimes it's just a bit of a laugh and it's enjoyable for both parties. I'm not saying it's something I do the whole time, but I don't really see that much wrong with it. And if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't be with my bf now and I'd still be moping around going "Why don't men fancy me, why am I so unlovable...why am I still a virgin at 21 etc?" It's all very well having delightfully high morals, but I'm much happier this way, being able to tell myself "but you have dignity because you haven't kissed anyone and not meant it" would have been only a small consolation.
    I don't have high morals :p: But kissing someone when we're drunk doesn't make me feel better about myself, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it much anyway.

But I don't have anything against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I don't have high morals :p: But kissing someone when we're drunk doesn't make me feel better about myself, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it much anyway.

But I don't have anything against it.
    Oh, it's not a huge confidence booster "Yay I can pull drunk people, I must be cool," but I enjoy that more than just feeling like crap and thinking I'm still as ugly and unpopular as when I was at school.

ReputationRep:
    but do you feel more confident if guys look at you in a club or something? cos i know loadsa girls who hate that and think its degrading? wats everyones opinions on this??

ReputationRep:
    I was 15, I think, or maybe 16, not sure.

ReputationRep:
    but do you feel more confident if guys look at you in a club or something? cos i know loadsa girls who hate that and think its degrading? wats everyones opinions on this??
    Degrading? If you wear stuff to get noticed (which, for the record, I actually don't - I'm not actually some kind of w**** who'll pull anyone, I'm just not as idealistic as everyone else) then you can expect to get looked at. If someone is openly leching, then I find it offputting, but if you've been out with some people for the evening (I do lots of crew socials with my boat which is where most stuff happens) and you're getting on with one of them, I don't see a problem in a cheeky kiss later on. There are many more people doing much more stuff out there, I am merely saying that I resent any labels that may occur just because I kiss someone.

ReputationRep:
    but say your in a club or just walking down the street and a bloke looks at you does it boost your confidence, or do you feel degraded?

ReputationRep:
    I like a few looks - just lets me know that I'm attractive to other men than just my boyf. I still make a big effort dressing up for going clubbing with the girls, even though I would never cheat. I just like to be found attractive.

My first kiss - eeewww - when I was 9, this boy at school shoved his tongue in my mouth, it felt so strange! Very unnatural. Then I didn't get kissed again til I was 14 at parties! Had to erase that memory hehe.

As for drunken kisses in clubs - well I think they are a lot of fun. When I was single, I mainly went out to get kisses (and sometimes more). What's wrong with a bit of harmless and pleasurable fun? Plus, would have never met my boyf if I didn't kiss strangers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's not a huge confidence booster "Yay I can pull drunk people, I must be cool," but I enjoy that more than just feeling like crap and thinking I'm still as ugly and unpopular as when I was at school.
    Ironically I was more popular at school than I am now :p:

But it seems being on a gap year can leave many people in a similar position to me. Just looking forward to uni

ReputationRep:
    My first kiss was when i was 17. My ex picked me up after my hockey training and we were walking near the Stadium which was pretty dark...and he kissed me. I was in my shorts and only just stopped sweating...so not exactly the romantic first kiss i'd imagined it'd be like. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    exactly, at least i'm not so ugly that my mates won't pull me, and it's all good practise so when i get a bf kissing will be great. :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.