Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    but say your in a club or just walking down the street and a bloke looks at you does it boost your confidence, or do you feel degraded?
    I don't see why someone just looking is degrading. And to be honest, not many people do as I'm not that attractive. If it was builders or similar and they wolf whistled/made lewd comments etc then I'd be annoyed but I'd think they were pathetic more than anything else. I don't do anything that would make myself feel degraded, if someone else chooses to be a fool it's not my problem.

Loopz - I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say there. If you're trying to insult me, you need to be a little more direct.

ReputationRep:
    but say your in a club or just walking down the street and a bloke looks at you does it boost your confidence, or do you feel degraded?
    Well I'm not a piece of meat, or am I a sex item. I'd rather be noticed for me as a person rather than for my 'assets'. I hate being leered at by men, its like I'm not worth anything more than my body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    exactly, at least i'm not so ugly that my mates won't pull me, and it's all good practise so when i get a bf kissing will be great. :rolleyes:
    Good practise? Would you be able to remember exactly what you did if you were wasted? (I haven't ever been that drunk, so it's a real question I'm not having a go at you :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    i feel more self confident when i get looks off guys when im out, however i have been criticised for this my somebody as they believe i am a **** for wanting to be 'leered at by men' her words not mine. i am just trying to figure out the general attitude towards this as it boosts my confidence, yet some people do not agree with me

ReputationRep:
    I'd like it if girls looked at me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    awww

don't say that! didn't you win the tsr mr. world competition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenyth!)
    awww

don't say that! didn't you win the tsr mr. world competition?
    lol.. yes I did but that's just a TSR popularity contest.

ReputationRep:
    lol.. yes I did but that's just a TSR popularity contest.
    well that shows you something

no worries, i'm sure you'll meet someone nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Loopz - I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say there. If you're trying to insult me, you need to be a little more direct.
    :hmmmm2: :confused: nope i was talking about myself, and sorta agreeing with what you'd already said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenyth!)
    well that shows you something

no worries, i'm sure you'll meet someone nice
    I just hope that nice person likes me.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think being looked at is degrading for me. unless i'm wearing something slutty that screams "i wanna get laid!!", in which case i would feel degraded my myself because of my "desperate" / poor choice of clothing.if i'm wearing something casual and people look at me, i'd take it either as a compliment, or i have something, or i managed to step on dog poo. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Good practise? Would you be able to remember exactly what you did if you were wasted? (I haven't ever been that drunk, so it's a real question I'm not having a go at you :p: ).
    yeah you'd be able to remember, not something you're likely to forget, [even when so drunk you throw up an hour or so later] :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

i like mike. he's a very niceand sweet guy.

ps. how's your toe?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry hun, I was totally like this in my gap year and was sick of it. Uni'll be much cooler, I assure you (where are you going again?)

i feel more self confident when i get looks off guys when im out, however i have been criticised for this my somebody as they believe i am a **** for wanting to be 'leered at by men' her words not mine. i am just trying to figure out the general attitude towards this as it boosts my confidence, yet some people do not agree with me
    Well, does your friend ever eye up men? Even just looking at them and saying "ooh, he's not bad?" If so, she can't really talk about it being degraded. If you ask me there's a difference between men looking admiringly, and yukky letching, though there is a fine line. All depends what you do to get the attention

ReputationRep:
    glad this is such a popular thread guys
    xx pheebs xx

ReputationRep:

aww, i like you already :p: - you're a sweet person

ReputationRep:
    Well, does your friend ever eye up men? Even just looking at them and saying "ooh, he's not bad?" If so, she can't really talk about it being degraded. If you ask me there's a difference between men looking admiringly, and yukky letching, though there is a fine line. All depends what you do to get the attention
    well shes not actually a friend so i dont really know. i dont wear anything slutty, for example the other night i was at a club and all the girls were wearing tiny little skirts and i had aa knee length pencil skirt on. and i cant say i do any big song and dance to get guys to notice me, so am i still a hussy for liking the attention? and you are so right about the fine line between glances and minging letching!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry hun, I was totally like this in my gap year and was sick of it. Uni'll be much cooler, I assure you (where are you going again?)

UCL

*should put that back in sig*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    :hugs:

i like mike. he's a very niceand sweet guy.

ps. how's your toe?
    It's improving thanks Still can't play football, but in a few days!!

I'm actually off to the surgery in a minute to get some more dressings Last time I have to go there hopefully.

Gwenyth - thanks

ReputationRep:
    Aww I'm sure girls look at you but you simply haven't noticed some girls are shy.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.