Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Further to my post about clearing, I've got myself released from both my firm and insurance offers :eek: and I'm going through UCAS extra :s: how scary!

What exactly is the procedure of extra? the UCAS website isn't too clear, any help gratefully recieved.

ReputationRep:
    When you check UCAS track, you will see a button where you can make more choices. You would need to apply to one university at a time and wait for their response. If they accept you and you like the university, you can accept them. Subsequently, the process ends. If they don't accept you or you decline them, as you don't like them, you could keep looking for one until you are accepted or satisfied. Remember you can apply to universities one by one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Further to my post about clearing, I've got myself released from both my firm and insurance offers :eek: and I'm going through UCAS extra :s: how scary!

What exactly is the procedure of extra? the UCAS website isn't too clear, any help gratefully recieved.
    why have you released yourself from your firm and insurance? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise Man)
    why have you released yourself from your firm and insurance? :confused:
    My firm and insurance are for languages, and I now want to do radiotherapy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    My firm and insurance are for languages, and I now want to do radiotherapy
    Oh, ok

ReputationRep:
    I hope my post made it clear on what you need to do in UCAS extra.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you're a star. I would rep you again but I've got to spread the love a little more before I can. I've now got to choose between Sheffield Hallam, Liverpool, UWE and UCE for my first extra application. Which one would you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Thanks for the rep (later on).

For Radiography Liverpool and UWE would be good. Others are not that bad though.
    That's what I was thinking but they are soooo far away (5 hours at least by train )

You're in my sig now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Mate, you're a star. I would rep you again but I've got to spread the love a little more before I can. I've now got to choose between Sheffield Hallam, Liverpool, UWE and UCE for my first extra application. Which one would you suggest?

I would go for Liverpool first, then UWE, Sheffield Hallam, then UCE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    That's what I was thinking but they are soooo far away (5 hours at least by train )

You're in my sig now
    Thanks.

In my above post, I posted the suggested order to apply in. At least it's worth it, as you are going to those uni's. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)

I would go for Liverpool first, then UWE, Sheffield Hallam, then UCE.
    Cheers buddy I'll have to have a good look at the accomodation etc, from what I gather all the courses are pretty much the same in terms of clinical contact etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Cheers buddy I'll have to have a good look at the accomodation etc, from what I gather all the courses are pretty much the same in terms of clinical contact etc.
    You're welcome.

I think UCAS Extra will end soon. I hope the uni's make their choices quickly for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You're welcome.

I think UCAS Extra will end soon. I hope the uni's make their choices quickly for you.
    Yep, and I need to make a decision fast as well. Got to write another personal statement now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Yep, and I need to make a decision fast as well. Got to write another personal statement now!
    Just apply to the ones you really want to go as a priority. I hope you can finish your personal statement soon as well. Good luck! You only got 3-4 days before the deadline approaches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Just apply to the ones you really want to go as a priority. I hope you can finish your personal statement soon as well. Good luck! You only got 3-4 days before the deadline approaches.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok ok *hyperventilating* my last exam is tomorrow so I'll have to move fast. I've narrowed it down to Liverpool or Sheffield Hallam... then tomorrow afternoon I'll do the personal statement, and bam, send it off to the unis!

ReputationRep:
    Remember you can get PS help on here (I'd be happy to read it over incidentally)
    You could probably keep your extracurricular etc. paragraph the same (assuming you have one) so that's a start at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok ok *hyperventilating* my last exam is tomorrow so I'll have to move fast. I've narrowed it down to Liverpool or Sheffield Hallam... then tomorrow afternoon I'll do the personal statement, and bam, send it off to the unis!
    Yeah, the deadline is soon (i.e. June 30). You could do part of your personal statement now if you want, and finish it off tommorow.

Those uni's you consider are good for Radiography. What makes you narrow down to those courses? Where's UWE? :p:

If there is someone doing Radiography, you can ask them to see their personal statement to see what kinds of stuff to include (obviously not copying it).

ReputationRep:
    UWE is in Bristol where I'm originally from. The ones I've narrowed it down to are those with places left that aren't in London lol.

I'm looking through prospectuses at the mo for the types of accomodation on offer, Sheffield Hallam is winning at the moment, but then why go to an ex poly if a more prestigious uni is availlable? (ie Liverpool)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Remember you can get PS help on here (I'd be happy to read it over incidentally)
    You could probably keep your extracurricular etc. paragraph the same (assuming you have one) so that's a start at least
    Thankyou, can I PM you with it at some point? I'm trying and failing to revise for French at the mo, so it might not be until tomorrow after the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    UWE is in Bristol where I'm originally from. The ones I've narrowed it down to are those with places left that aren't in London lol.

I'm looking through prospectuses at the mo for the types of accomodation on offer, Sheffield Hallam is winning at the moment, but then why go to an ex poly if a more prestigious uni is availlable? (ie Liverpool)
    I thought you were from Norwich according to your profile.

It's more important to go to the uni where you like the course better. I turned down a somewhat presitigous one to a ex-poly (i.e. Lincoln), as the course content is more managable and the assessment methods are better. The employability and graduate pay is good too in the ex-poly.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.