Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    It's still dangerous!
    I'm not denying that, but not on the same scale. And that scale has to be reflected in the legislation or you end up with a justice system which isn't just. And that has all sorts of long term problems associated with it... I can go into them if you want but I'd probably bore you to tears

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skevvybritt)
    Some drugs ARE safer than others. You'd want children thinking that injecting heroin will cause the same amount of damage as smoking a spliff?
    Drugs like crack and heroin destroy lives. It's hardly on the same scale as a night out with some shrooms.
    They're 'safer' depending on the person, some people may not get psychology addicted (cannabis), but everyone can be physically dependent on a drug (e.g. heroin)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_w)
    They're 'safer' depending on the person, some people may not get psychology addicted (cannabis), but everyone can be physically dependent on a drug (e.g. heroin)
    Are you telling me that if someone you know was taking heroin you'd be just as worried as if they were smoking a bit of cannabis?!

ReputationRep:
    proxide is bad for us to.
    people who die there hair blonde get poroxide poising in the brain

hence why people say blondes are thick.... why dont they do something about this 1st....

the more drugs are made illegal the more people will want them

specialy the younger gen

ReputationRep:
    Are you telling me that if someone you know was taking heroin you'd be just as worried as if they were smoking a bit of cannabis?!
    I'd be worried whatever they took, although for heroin I'd be horrified. :eek: <----like that.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    proxide is bad for us to.

the more drugs are made illegal the more people will want them

specialy the younger gen
    Although after a while, its not so much that you 'want' them, but need them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    Has everybody heard about magic mushrooms being made illegal on the 18th of july??!!

Its just Ridiculous,they are being classed A along with Heroin and LSD!

And the Labour government have no eveidence that it is even mildly harmful to users. Claiming that it causes mental health issues! (which is proved not to be true)

What are everyones views on the subject?

(im sorry mods if its in the wrong section! lol)
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be worried whatever they took, although for heroin I'd be horrified. :eek: <----like that.

:rolleyes:
    Yes, of course you'd be worried. But JUST AS worried? It's a question of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    Although after a while, its not so much that you 'want' them, but need them.
    serves them right for being stupid enough to start realy

ReputationRep:

i still cant understand why something so tame as shrooms is up in the same league as heroin...its surely giving the impression to youngsters than heroin is as tame as shrooms! (if that makes sense!)

ReputationRep:
    i still cant understand why something so tame as shrooms is up in the same league as heroin...its surely giving the impression to youngsters than heroin is as tame as shrooms! (if that makes sense!)
    thats true actualy.

could give some people who don't know much the idea that taking hard drugs is the same as what they may allready just be playing around with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    serves them right for being stupid enough to start realy
    and its a fact that things like cannabis are not addictive.

ReputationRep:
    and its a fact that things like cannabis are not addictive.
    Not physically anyway...

EDIT: Cazzi, when did I go in your sig? Because I only just noticed!

ReputationRep:
    Not physically anyway...

EDIT: Cazzi, when did I go in your sig? Because I only just noticed!
    ageeeeeeees ago!

u were one of the first people!

and i know pleanty of people who smoke cannabis and are not physically or mentally addicted and have been doing so for years.

ReputationRep:
    Has everybody heard about magic mushrooms being made illegal on the 18th of july??!!

Its just Ridiculous,they are being classed A along with Heroin and LSD!

And the Labour government have no eveidence that it is even mildly harmful to users. Claiming that it causes mental health issues! (which is proved not to be true)

What are everyones views on the subject?

(im sorry mods if its in the wrong section! lol)
    Magic mushrooms are a drug...i thought they were already illegal? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me what the point of taking magic mushrooms is anyway?

ReputationRep:
    ageeeeeeees ago!

and i know pleanty of people who smoke cannabis and are not physically or mentally addicted and have been doing so for years.
    How slow do I want to be... *goes off to buy blonde hair dye*

Oh, I'm not saying that everyone gets addicted to cannabis, just some do and it can make a mess of things. But I absolutely agree that it should be classed below alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    ageeeeeeees ago!

You clearly didn't see the 'Panarama' special on Cannabis the other week then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    Magic mushrooms are a drug...i thought they were already illegal? :confused:
    nah theres about 300 shops in the uk that sell them, been legal for many years.

the glastonbury goers were well happy its still legal for a few more weeks! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    You clearly didn't see the 'Panarama' special on Cannabis the other week then?
    i did actually and it was all bo*****s! lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.