Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    But there is still a risk. You said so yourself here. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed!
    there is a risk from everything though, peanuts even! should peanuts be banned? some people have very nasty reactions to them, even die! ban them i say!! down with peanuts.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, anything which could cause mental illness or death should be banned unless it has a medical use.
    peanuts, cars, airplanes, plug sockets, electric equipment full stop, bumble bees, wasps, carrier bags, alcohol......................... .........................the list is endless. im kidding of course.
    However the fear, which can reach hysteria, of mind altering drugs is a very strange one in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Exactly, I believe that the government has a duty to care and protect.
    the terror of the nanny state. what if i dont want protecting, it reminds me f that case a few years ago with the sado-masochists that hammered nails through a mans *******s. he was a consenting adult, all of them were and yet they were prosecuted i think. or something like that. what is the problem if they all consent to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Exactly, I believe that the government has a duty to care and protect.
    of course im not arguing the state has no duty to care and protect, of course it does, but it can be taken far too far sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    Yes, there are risks in life, i mean you could step out your door and get run over by a bus. But why smoke cannabis or take other drugs when you know that there are risks?
    why eat beef, or eggs, or anything else when you know there are risks?
    i smoke cannabis occassionally...probably once every few months to chill out and relax and listen to music with some of my friends. we can do this without cannabis of course, but we enjoy it (occassionaly) with it. i dont understand the difficulty in understanding why people would want to take drugs.

just reaised im taking up loads of space and should juts have one long post. apologies.

ReputationRep:
    People who take drugs can be harmful to the public, as they may not be thinking straight. Therefore there is a risk to others as well as yourselves. If you have a hallucination that someone is a monster, and you happen to have a knife to hand... Need I say more?
    What hysterical nonsense, I'm sure I've heard stuff like that before somewhere...Oh yes!

Babysitter on drug trip cooks infant in oven. False

Students on LSD trip stare at the sun until blinded. False

Drug dealers give schoolchildren cartoon tattoos laced with LSD. False

Brain-damaged LSD user believes himself to be glass of orange juice. False

Policeman unwittingly takes swig of liquid LSD and goes insane. False

Diane Linkletter accidentally jumped to her death while high on LSD. False

Things like that only happen to one-in-a-million, if they ever happen at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)

they get them selves killed. they ruin there lifes. they ruin others.. it spriral out of control with SOME people.
    glad you said SOME cos otherwise the picture you paint would have been wholly inaccurate as it relates to a tiny tiny majority of those people who take drugs. every drug user is not a drug abuser who is going to ruin their lives. i know many highly highly successful people who take them, from academics, to millionaire entrepeneurs...their lives are hardly ruined. it really is a minority as you suggest and thats why i dont understand much of the hysteria over drugs, one would think everyone who smokes one spliff in life will end up in a crack house at 18 and dead at 24.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Car fumes are far more of a problem than smokers in open air places. So are you going to ban cars?
    I recommend people use public transport whenever possible, it's cheaper than petrol and car repairs in the long run. I think all cars should run on vedgetable oil or sugar cane.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend people use public transport whenever possible, it's cheaper than petrol and car repairs in the long run. I think all cars should run on vedgetable oil or sugar cane.
    Boy...you are crazy! :rofl: :p: :tsr:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Boy...you are crazy! :rofl: :p: :tsr:
    I know

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.