Christ's Hospital sixth-form ... would I be reconsidered

Watch
lilah_rose
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I received a letter today from Christ's Hospital saying I had not been given an interview. They implied it was for financial reasons, but it was 100% clear.

Anyway, this might seem like a long-shot (my keyboard is f***ed so I can't really type out the long explanation), but if I got a novel pulished after the conditional offers had been given out, would I have any chance of being reconsidered. Or is that impossible.
username202682
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lilah_rose)
I received a letter today from Christ's Hospital
In Horsham?
lilah_rose
(Original post by Stricof)
In Horsham?
Yes.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes.
Christs Hospital pick their candidates on a financial basis because most of the applicants are of similar standard (i.e pretty good). I reckon over a third of them dont pay tuition fees. Christs Hospital take in a lot of the working class kids. Therefore if your family's income is higher than thier boundary (Im thinking 25-30k max) then the chances of getting in or an interview are much much harder.
lilah_rose
Christs Hospital pick their candidates on a financial basis because most of the applicants are of similar standard (i.e pretty good). I reckon over a third of them dont pay tuition fees. Christs Hospital take in a lot of the working class kids. Therefore if your family's income is higher than thier boundary (Im thinking 25-30k max) then the chances of getting in or an interview are much much harder.
... but the thing my family has a pretty low income (around 18k).
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have no idea then. That is very weird if you are rejected on the basis on household income. But when you mean they implied it was for financial reason, take a quote?
lilah_rose
I have no idea then. That is very weird if you are rejected on the basis on household income. But when you mean they implied it was for financial reason, take a quote?
It said "After taking both family circumstances and financial income into account, we regretfully inform you that you have not received an interview". I think I may be ad-libbing a little here, but it was something close to that. I don't have any abnormal family circumstances ...
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It said "After taking both family circumstances and financial income into account, we regretfully inform you that you have not received an interview". I think I may be ad-libbing a little here, but it was something close to that. I don't have any abnormal family circumstances ...

That may have been why you were rejected then. I wouldn't be suprised if they give priority to those in care or those from one parent families e.c.t
lilah_rose
(Original post by jelly1000)
[/B]

That may have been why you were rejected then. I wouldn't be suprised if they give priority to those in care or those from one parent families e.c.t
Haha, I'm from a one parent family but I never think of it being abnormal.

Could it be that they don't take more than one person from each school? Because I know someone else from my school got an interview ...
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha, I'm from a one parent family but I never think of it being abnormal.

Could it be that they don't take more than one person from each school? Because I know someone else from my school got an interview ...
Not possible, I live locally and they took in a lot of my year to their sixthform 2 years before.
sjy123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
I want to apply christ hospital school . Are you there student?
I am Chinese. Now I am studying GCSE. My school report says I got 2A*, 1A and 6B. Also in geography is C. I am afraid about my result.My Mandarin and Math got A* in last year.
Can you tell me about some details in entry exam?
Is there have 3 papers need to be chosen in exam?
My father is able to support me to pay the fee for 30000 Pounds each year. So don't worry about the financial problem.

Thank you very much.....
Louise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (11)
18.03%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (14)
22.95%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
6.56%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
13.11%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
6.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (18)
29.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.28%

Watched Threads