The Student Room Group

Easiest Medical School?

Hey guys,

What do you think is the easiest medical school, which requires the not so high alevel grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ur mums School of Medicine and Dentistry

no, but seriously all med schools are proper tough to get into, u just gotta play to ur strengths and apply to places where ur most likely to get an offer, eg if u hav over 7A*s apply to Birmingham - almost guaranteed an interview
or if u hav a super high ukcat apply to newcastle
Reply 2
all require at least AAB. there's a list of the grades that they want, I'm sure someone will post it.
Reply 3
This is not the way to choose medical schools. Those perceived to be easier to get into have more applicants.
There's no such thing as an easy med school
As someone who may have to be treated by a doctor at some point in the future, please reassure me that such a thing does not exist.
Reply 6
Bad criteria. No medical schools are easier; all medical schools require AAB with some medical schools increasing to AAA for 2011 entry.
Easiest Medical School? You have got to be kidding me. :rolleyes:
Which one is ranked lowest?
Christian_j
As someone who may have to be treated by a doctor at some point in the future, please reassure me that such a thing does not exist.

Remind me to +rep you for that :rofl:
Reply 10
LaughingBro

MBBS = MB CHB = MBBS = MB CHB
No such thing.
Reply 12
First serious reply: Nottingham
Reply 13
LaughingBro

According to the Times good uni guide, East Anglia. But being ranked lowest =/= easiest and also =/= worst. Different universities have different course structures which appeal to different people. For example, Manchester is highly ranked but I'd hate to go there as I'm not a fan of PBL.
Reply 14
Woody.
According to the Times good uni guide, East Anglia. But being ranked lowest =/= easiest and also =/= worst. Different universities have different course structures which appeal to different people. For example, Manchester is highly ranked but I'd hate to go there as I'm not a fan of PBL.

Yeah, because them league tables are so reliable, in the guardian East Anglia is actually 5th best in the UK :s-smilie:
Reply 15
bds007
First serious reply: Nottingham

how so?
Reply 16
No medical school is 'easy' to get into. For example, someone in the year above got an offer from Cambridge last year, yet got rejections from Bristol, Nottingham and Kings..
Reply 17
jeremybag
how so?

least number and often lower quality of applicants, even so the offer is most likely to be AAB
Reply 18
OMG, i really hope I will never have you as my doctor!
Cambridge.

Quick Reply