Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What can be done to help stop the cruelty that goes on with skinning animals alive?

ReputationRep:
    does any one every think how peta always managed to get hold of all these videos.

they always seem to have the most violent and horrific videos.... you can't just randomly find the amount they had so obviously they have some one recording these... most stuf like this in most countries goes on in secret... if these are brought to light whilst there happened the local authorites have a chance of doing something.

these videos are horrific and on alot of occasions take help further away. there designed to scare but they actualy horrify alot of people to much. and then they wont help.

what can we do to stop stuf like this from happening?

stop recording it on film and report it when its happeneing. after its happened there is less chance of anything happeneing. whilst its hapening the local authorites have little choice but to do something.. bad publicity and all.

sorry for going on a little but this video has shown up on several forums. were some people have refursed to return to the forum due to how sick the video was.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to delete thread, sick. Dont want people to see it now you mention it^

ReputationRep:
    I just seen the vid before you deleted it and i'm horrified (and now in tears) of how sick that was. I'm not igronant to the fact that this goes on, I've been involved in activities against animal cruelty for years.

The harsh fact is, there's only so much we can do against these sick ****ers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    stop recording it on film
    I think they do it (1) to show actual proof that it is happening & (2) so that people (general public) see it and come to realize how horrible it is.

I don't know if this was discussed anywhere but the U.S., but photos were released of caskets draped in the American flag of the dead soldiers from Iraq... people freaked and now they can't show it on T.V. It's like people are in denial (in both cases) that horrible things do happen in the world.. and by us not seeing anything (videos, photos) it seems like we can just pretend that nothing ever happened.

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, I was expecting to see an actual WET SEAL butchering bunnies. What a let down. I was like "Well what are the bunnies doing hanging around with a wet seal anyway". Also, an actual seal butchering bunnies would have been mildly amusing.

ReputationRep:
    people are forced into deneil.

the people on the streat who get people to sign petitions against this stuf have people striaght away at saying its cruel. but they scare people of cause they go on about how they are killed. in front of kids.

if you scare the living crap out of people about a subject you don't achiece much they get angry and block it out or go into deniel.
    these videos scare alot of people into ignoreing it. as they don't want to think of it happeneing.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Amanda)
    I think they do it (1) to show actual proof that it is happening & (2) so that people (general public) see it and come to realize how horrible it is.

I don't know if this was discussed anywhere but the U.S., but photos were released of caskets draped in the American flag of the dead soldiers from Iraq... people freaked and now they can't show it on T.V. It's like people are in denial (in both cases) that horrible things do happen in the world.. and by us not seeing anything (videos, photos) it seems like we can just pretend that nothing ever happened.
    Actually, that has now been released to the public. It was not banned because the public 'freaked out' but due to the fact that the American government did not what the public to lose faith in them during a contraversial war. They were taken to court and the images have now been published and released into the public domain.

ReputationRep:
    bonsai kittens was a farse.

a really disgusting one that made alot of people ill.

was a student and some imaging software who was bored.. and i think was a little mentaly screwed up.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes, it may be cruel but someone does this for a living. What do you propse to do with the people who will lose their jobs and become unable to suport their families? There is a demand, therefore there is a market, therefore there is a niche that will be filled. Stem the demand and the market will fall, but don't neglect the people who live off such an industry. They are not wrong.

ReputationRep:
    i hate the Bonsai Kitten thing! people send me emails about it, and i wish i never seen it!

ReputationRep:
    That aint nothing compared to this...I agree its sickening but there are still more important issues going on in the world that take place over an animal

Watch it all the way through...if you can that is

http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Animals are cute and fluffy, but I never understood why some people put them before people. Animal cruelty is nothing to make less of, but there are far more important things such as poverty to think about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Animals are cute and fluffy, but I never understood why some people put them before people. Animal cruelty is nothing to make less of, but there are far more important things such as poverty to think about.
    ^^ This man never lies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CornishGirl)
    i hate the Bonsai Kitten thing! people send me emails about it, and i wish i never seen it!
    That was a joke website....

ReputationRep:
    why are the more important issue of the mass slaughtering of animals for thing we don't need?

i supose it would be a problem if some one was slaughtering say 100 humans per year for clothes.

doesn't really compare to the millions of animals slaughtered in the us alone for testing let alone clothings ect.

for food and medicine is slighty diferent. there it has some use.
    but clothes.. and cosmetics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    I totally agree. I don't necessarily agree with cruely to animals (well of course I don't!) but let's sort ourselves out before we try and help them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I totally agree. I don't necessarily agree with cruely to animals (well of course I don't!) but let's sort ourselves out before we try and help them.
    how about we stop doing it to them whilst were sorting our selves out

its not like its other animals killing them. its humans.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    why are the more important issue of the mass slaughtering of animals for thing we don't need?
    I'm sorry, but have you heard of a country called Rwanda?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/evil/

in 100 days 800,000 people were slaughtered like the animals you see on that video.

ReputationRep:
    Humans >>>>>>>>>> Animals

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.