Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    and millions of aniamls are slaughter in a year by one country to test cosmetics.

aniamls have as much rights to be here as we do.

animals kill other animals cause the usualy have to... bar some like mink.

we kill humans to kill them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Animals are cute and fluffy, but I never understood why some people put them before people. Animal cruelty is nothing to make less of, but there are far more important things such as poverty to think about.
    True, true.. but if someone was skinning you I'm sure you would care about the cause a bit more.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    how about we stop doing it to them whilst were sorting them out

its not like its other animals killing them. its humans.
    Yes, it is people. But have you seen them? They are not middle class educated people with a good background. They are impovrished and get by any way that they can. Animals are killed in such a way as the farmers do not have the money to buy tools such as guns to kill them. This is the only way they know how. It is not about the cruelty and shock factor that PETA plays up. It is about stemming the demand, educating the poor and giving them help as well as different lifestyle choices. You have to help the people before you help animals.

ReputationRep:
    the animals are not killied before the skining starts. cutting there throats would lead to dead before the agonsing proses of having there skin torn of.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    and millions of aniamls are slaughter in a year by one country to test cosmetics.

aniamls have as much rights to be here as we do.

animals kill other animals cause the usualy have to... bar some like mink.

we kill humans to kill them
    I'm sorry, how can you compare 800,000 people dying in 100 days to animals being tested for cosmetics. Do you wear makeup? Yes it may not now be tested on animals but everything starts by being tested on animals. Do you volunteer your time to be a human test subject?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    the animals are not killied before the skining starts. cutting there throats would lead to dead before the agonsing proses of having there skin torn of.
    So naturally these people are monstorous and barbaric and we cannot educate them for they will always be this sadistic.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Amanda)
    True, true.. but if someone was skinning you I'm sure you would care about the cause a bit more.
    I don't think that is the issue here. If someone were skinning people then of course it would be damable. Humans and thinking and interacting intelligent beings. They will contribute towards this world, they are on a level with us. They are us. They are related to us. But at the same time, humans have been skinned. People have been tortured. Look at Rwanda and Iraq. Who stood up for them at the same level we do for animals?

ReputationRep:
    actualy i rarely ever were make up - bad for the skin

no i don't but i just don't get how people can say a human dieng is more important than an animal... why cause there brain capacity is less? they can't talk?... they learn though so thats that argum,ent out.

i've had every argument for thrown at me in the last 5 years. from when i done my 1st viva section report in secondary school.

texting on animals can't stop over night.

obviously its to hard - and no thats not sarcasm. but scaring people into ignoreing it is wrong.

all im trying to get at really is we all deserve to be here. at the moment we have more power and can do this to animals. but surely.. that come with responsability. if we are going to kill them why make it long and agonsing?

ReputationRep:
    its not like its other animals killing them. its humans.
    Ahh yes, of course it's us transcendent humans. We ARE 'other animals'.

It says on the site that they break their necks or smash their skulls first (they try to make out that this is a cruel death??). A snapped neck is a relatively quick and painless death.

ReputationRep:
    some arn't killed tho. not when they are doing it for the crowds.

smashing there skulls is a fast death but only happens when there isn't much of a crowd. some people like to see them suffer... makes the day more intersting. just as people like to watch other humans suffer.

plus back to a point i forgot to add to my pother post... after animal testing most things are tested on humans due to the factor our skin is different.

the animals and human thing i seperated to face an argument i usualy combat in discusion like this were people say humans have more right to be here than animals there for seperating them.

people and animals die every day. forests get torn down land is destroyed and water poluted and air polluted. its all a problem.

ReputationRep:
    no i don't but i just don't get how people can say a human dieng is more important than an animal... why cause there brain capacity is less? they can't talk?... they learn though so thats that argum,ent out.
    So do you take every step making sure you never crush an insect? If you're not willing to accept that human life is worth more than the lives of other animals, then you can't say that insect life is worth less than animal. You're basically saying that life is life whatever form it takes... so where does that end? Plant life? Bacteria? Have you ever taken an antibiotic? If you have you're a murderer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    So do you take every step making sure you never crush an insect? If you're not willing to accept that human life is worth more than the lives of other animals, then you can't say that insect life is worth less than animal. You're basically saying that life is life whatever form it takes... so where does that end? Plant life? Bacteria? Have you ever taken an antibiotic? If you have you're a murderer.
    everything has a right to be here thats what im getting at.

dog eat grass when they are sick.

people die of disease from bacteria.

that just happens...

randomly shooting humans or abusing animals (i didn't say killing as some is done right its fast) or sadisticaly killing this is wrong

its a problem

we may get over it one day

**waits to be torn apart... again...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    actualy i rarely ever were make up - bad for the skin
    rarely means that you do, even on the odd occassion. Do you also ever take medicine? Has anyone in your family ever recieved vaccinations or medicines at a hospital? Do you eat food with chemicals in it?
    I'm not saying they are, I pointed out that you must first stem the demand and help the impovrished people first in order to change things.
    i've had every argument for thrown at me in the last 5 years. from when i done my 1st viva section report in secondary school.
    Thus saying that you will not take into account another point of view?
    texting on animals can't stop over night.
    no one ever said it would.
    obviously its to hard - and no thats not sarcasm. but scaring people into ignoreing it is wrong.
    No one is scared into ignoring but the shock factor simply does not work. It is taken compleatly out of context and away from everday life to a point that people in a country such as the UK cannot relate.
    all im trying to get at really is we all deserve to be here. at the moment we have more power and can do this to animals. but surely.. that come with responsability. if we are going to kill them why make it long and agonsing?
    no one is making it long and agonising, as I said people need to be educated. But then who is going to pay for that? Who is going to pay to subsidise a farmers income while he looks for alternate work? If we have the power to help little animals then surely we have the power to change the lives of the farmers that feel the need to do this.

ReputationRep:
    all i can say is this

thoses arguement don't solve the problem that there still dying.

1 person can't make a diference and neither can a few million.

same with dying humans.

1 country fighting against mpoverty can't rid the world of it

till we can stop argueing about issues glaring us in the face. nothing will happen.

ReputationRep:
    No, cruelty is as much a part of nature as anything else. Have you ever watched a cat play with a mouse before killing it? Crippling it so that it's not fast enough to get away... batting it around for hours while it screams just for fun... letting it get a few meters away so that it thinks it might make it, then pouncing again before finally biting it's head off.

Cruelty is NOT just a human trait, it's as natural as life itself.

ReputationRep:
    No, cruelty is as much a part of nature as anything else. Have you ever watched a cat play with a mouse before killing it? Crippling it so that it's not fast enough to get away... batting it around for hours while it screams just for fun... letting it get a few meters away so that it thinks it might make it, then pouncing again before finally biting it's head off.

Cruelty is NOT just a human trait, it's as natural as life itself.
    yes but as people say

our minds evolve more right...

we don't bat mice around for the fun of it

alot of humans are above sadistic natures.

unless you like watching people suffer? no.. exactly.

some people still do

till they realise that its not right. this will keep hapening. to humans and animals alike.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    is nothing that I am saying sinking in, or are you just ignoring it. These people are not sadictic twisted people, what they do arises from necessity.

ReputationRep:
    i know that.

but some people do watch it. and some people like to wtch humans suffer... can you deny that? or do you not watch the news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    No one is scared into ignoring but the shock factor simply does not work. It is taken compleatly out of context and away from everday life to a point that people in a country such as the UK cannot relate.
    Yes, plus the UK is a country of cynics. We know exaggeration when we see it, we know when the worst of the worst is being picked out to manipulate us into doing something (like the link that this thread was originally about). We want the objectively portrayed FACTS about a situation before we decide what to do about it.

Then there are the people that will protest against the opening of a cardboard box. But that's another matter.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes, plus the UK is a country of cynics. We know exaggeration when we see it, we know when the worst of the worst is being picked out to manipulate us into doing something (like the link that this thread was originally about). We want the objectively portrayed FACTS about a situation before we decide what to do about it.

Then there are the people that will protest against the opening of a cardboard box. But that's another matter.
    I agree, and people will always protest about something as we cannot possibly have a utopian society. Nothing will ever be perfect as we are not all equal in our values and personality traits.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.