Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Toy_Solider, you seem to be adamant that Brown Eyed girl won't accept other arguments but you don't seem to accept them yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)

Then there are the people that will protest against the opening of a cardboard box. But that's another matter.
    that made me gigle...

sorry my ranting has made me look like that but im not as good as getting my veiw around as much as i used to. what i mean is that all tho is is nessacery to some people existance its just that some people still like to watch them suffer.
    same for the humans suffering at the hands of other humans.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    i know that.

but some people do watch it. and some people like to wtch humans suffer... can you deny that? or do you not watch the news?
    No actually, I prefer the papers and the internet. I do not find the constant depressing stories reeling off of the TV anything to find interesting. Also, what is told on the news on the TV is only part of the story due to time contraints. It's much better to be able to sit and read the stories in depth for yourself before making a decision. It is not always the case that people like to watch others suffer. Have you not ever heard of the 'car crash syndrome'? Whereby something is so awful that you cannot look away from it and are strangly intrigued by it. Someone is not a monster because they look at a crashed car on the side of the road. Nor are the sick for watching the news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChariK)
    Toy_Solider, you seem to be adamant that Brown Eyed girl won't accept other arguments but you don't seem to accept them yourself.
    worset thing is

i accept that it isn't going to end soon.. or if ever untill were all sorted out selves.

doesn't mean that the animals should suffer before they die... you've heard about how kfc treat chickens... people in dif countries skin animals alive for shows.. capitvate huge animals for shows of others and beat them whilst doing it. thats what i find wrong.

most animals testing can be replace now with new methods that are actualy then better for humans in a whole. as animals skin being different to our own.
    i accept that we need to sort our selves 1st. but how to you say that the people who toruture humans or animals are doing it cause they have to?... if they had a gun to there heads its a diferent matter of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    No actually, I prefer the papers and the internet. I do not find the constant depressing stories reeling off of the TV anything to find interesting. Also, what is told on the news on the TV is only part of the story due to time contraints. It's much better to be able to sit and read the stories in depth for yourself before making a decision. It is not always the case that people like to watch others suffer. Have you not ever heard of the 'car crash syndrome'? Whereby something is so awful that you cannot look away from it and are strangly intrigued by it. Someone is not a monster because they look at a crashed car on the side of the road. Nor are the sick for watching the news.
    actualy last time a car crash.. which surprisingly was a few months ago. me and 3 other people in the street rano over to the woman and stoped other cars in the road as it was a roundabout and called an ambulance whilst others watched.

when i ment news i ment the stuf in iraq.. there was an example of inhumanity against man. worse than what we do to animals and humans can think more on what is happening to them. which adds to the mental torture

ReputationRep:
    I do not find the constant depressing stories reeling off of the TV anything to find interesting.
    It's half the problem really. These days we're exposed to so much of the world's suffering we have no choice but to try to ignore a lot of it, because if we didn't shut most of it out we would go insane.

(Original post by ChariK)
    I don't think I ever said she won't accept other people's arguments... and I'm more than willing to accept a reasonable opinion that I see logic in. I do understand (and 'accept') her point of view, but I don't necessarily agree with it and was making counter-points to illustrate why. As far as I'm aware, that's what a discussion is.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    actualy last time a car crash.. which surprisingly was a few months ago. me and 3 other people in the street rano over to the woman and stoped other cars in the road as it was a roundabout and called an ambulance whilst others watched.

when i ment news i ment the stuf in iraq.. there was an example of inhumanity against man. worse than what we do to animals and humans can think more on what is happening to them. which adds to the mental torture
    Well that would be more of a personal experience that just a general idea but there is no fault in helping someone else.

Yes, there was inhumanity against man. On whos side? I lost my boyfriend out there. Thousands of people died. I have seen the military videos of the gas attacks saddam used against his people and after watching them I felt that something had to be done. Obviously so did our government. At the end of the day though it was done with far more intelligence than we will ever hope to see, we can only trust those elected to act on our behalf.

There are masses of death and destruction in the world. No one is here to say that it is right. No one has said animal cruelty is right. But in order to help others we first need to help ourselves. The blind cannot lead the blind.

ReputationRep:
    i've said that.

all i am actualy saying is the slow deaths arn't needed.

quick deaths are a diferent thing.

ReputationRep:
    you've heard about how kfc treat chickens...
    Heh, reminds me of the "cluckin' bell" radio advert in Grand Theft Auto.

"Cluckin' Bell: suffering's never tasted so good!"
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    i've said that.

all i am actualy saying is the slow deaths arn't needed.

quick deaths are a diferent thing.
    This is why I said they need to be educated. I grew up in the middle east, they do not view animals as lovable cuddly things with feelings and thoughts. Animals are a part of their daily life that are there to sustain them. It is two different mindsets. Who are we to say that ours is the right one?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    you've heard about how kfc treat chickens...
    Or about how they used to treat them now that they have overhauled their standards?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know why i get into these discusions. i have server problems getting a point accross also my writting is terrible due to learning probs.

i hope no one has the impresion im one of thoses people who runs around calling every one evil? cause i didn't mean that...

::hits head::

ReputationRep:
    how about we stop doing it to them whilst were sorting our selves out

its not like its other animals killing them. its humans.
    How about a world where everyone is equal?

It's a nice idea but it's not going to happen. I'm just saying I'd put humans above most other animals.

ReputationRep:
    you've heard about how kfc treat chickens....
    Theyre not chickens theyre pigeons

ReputationRep:
    Or about how they used to treat them now that they have overhauled their standards?
    not sure but my insane animal loveing freind still wants to boycott them.

i know killing them is part of life.

and i know neither one is right...

but making them suffer is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Who are we to say that ours is the right one?
    Westerners, obviously! How could we be wrong?? I mean look at a compass, where's West? On the RIGHT! Oh wait... hmm... look at a compass in a mirror! Yes! It's a sign from god that we've been chosen to right the world's wrongs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    How about a world where everyone is equal?

It's a nice idea but it's not going to happen. I'm just saying I'd put humans above most other animals.
    i know its not going to happen.

but what would happen if every one gave up the idea of making everything just a little better...

we wouldn't be were we are now. animal standards would be lower and poverty would be wrose.

ReputationRep:
    i know its not going to happen.

but what would happen if every one gave up the idea of making everything just a little better...

we wouldn't be were we are now. animal standards would be lower and poverty would be wrose.
    That's true I guess. Just because things are never going to be perfect, doesn't mean people should stop trying to make them better.

ReputationRep:
    no i don't but i just don't get how people can say a human dieng is more important than an animal... why cause there brain capacity is less? they can't talk?... they learn though so thats that argum,ent out.

Because, we're people. We care more about our own. If a man came up to you with a gun and said "I'm going to kill this child or this cat. You choose who lives", are you trying to tell me that it would be a hard decision to pick which one lives?

ReputationRep:
    thats is very true - u wud care more for ur own species - also its part of a food cycle that anumals die and we eat them - for example a chicken may eat another creature - we're not fighting for the rights of that animal yet ur fighting for the rights of the chicken - if u get wot i mean

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.