Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    weve allready killed that argument of mine foxo....

i have trouble saying this right cause of learning disabilities and my point came across very messed up

people just need to realise that it is wrong.

we can't stop most of it know

but if we have to kill...

why make them suffer 1st?

ReputationRep:
    I had to take that movie off guys, it was f*****g sick beyond belief, sick to my stomach, made me want to cry, not nice. I blame the friend that sent it me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    but if we have to kill...

why make them suffer 1st?

People who kill animals just for food generally don't want to make them suffer. An animal suffering before being killed by a human would only happen for one of three reasons:

1) They don't fully understand the suffering they're causing
    2) (as has been mentioned) they see animals as lesser creatures, and their suffering as insignificant
    3) They enjoy seeing them suffer. And yes there are people like that in the world. Quite a large number of them too.

ReputationRep:
    Islamic way is the cleanest - they chop the head off without them feeling it. The problem here is that they shockl them first - which i assume is more painful(dont take my word for it) However i have read in newspapers disgustin g stuff like what KFC does to their chickens - one incident reported a competition of who cud kick their chick the furthest (of course all alive at the time) - Not very nice at all - And an employer was sacked like a month ago for screweing a chicken - i swear people working in food industries need to take a test to see if they r mentally safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    Islamic way is the cleanest - they chop the head off without them feeling it. The problem here is that they shockl them first - which i assume is more painful(dont take my word for it) However i have read in newspapers disgustin g stuff like what KFC does to their chickens - one incident reported a competition of who cud kick their chick the furthest (of course all alive at the time) - Not very nice at all - And an employer was sacked like a month ago for screweing a chicken - i swear people working in food industries need to take a test to see if they r mentally safe
    There are some sick, mindless f***s out there.

ReputationRep:
    i am surprised that chickens havent run out cos i was watching a video in R.e as we were discussing this same issue - and in half an hour they had sliced like 10,000 chickens head - they were in a sort of ramp automatically moving with heads being sliced off every half a second - how can they keep producing chickens? Are we not killing them faster then they are reproducing?

ReputationRep:
    And an employer was sacked like a month ago for screweing a chicken
    LOL, seriously? He must have been going through one hell of a dry patch . You never know maybe the chicken enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    Someone PM me the link. People have recently been beheaded in Iraq, I'm sure i can stomach a skinning. I'm also quite intrigued by how it's done. It's very sad but I don't place blame anywhere. The animal world is filled with natural horrific killing, supposedly humans have evolved to show compassion for (some) organisms (usually the fluffy ones), I think a lot of people who are against this may need to look at themselves before giving critisism. I myself enjoy cheap meat and fancy a KFC right now in fact

ReputationRep:
    Are we not killing them faster then they are reproducing?
    Obviously, no. Do you know how many eggs are consumed in the world every day? BILLIONS. Yes billions. There are a lot of chickens out there.

ReputationRep:
    lol kizdesai r u sayoing that u watched a beheading in Iraq? cos we r talking bout an acutal video of skinning which is quite unpleasant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    I myself enjoy cheap meat and fancy a KFC right now in fact
    *whew* someone said it. I've been craving a crispy chicken strips meal since the first mention of KFC but didn't want to say anything, heheh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CornishGirl)
    i hate the Bonsai Kitten thing! people send me emails about it, and i wish i never seen it!
    hohoho, ever heard of photoshop, i could make you a bonsai giraffe in a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    This is an...interesting...read to say the least, unfortunately the responce page is down

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill

ReputationRep:
    lol kizdesai r u sayoing that u watched a beheading in Iraq? cos we r talking bout an acutal video of skinning which is quite unpleasant
    I've seen it on someone's camera phone, yes.

ReputationRep:
    This is an...interesting...read to say the least, unfortunately the responce page is down

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill
    I personally love meat and feel we shudnt feel guilty by eating it - however this is a different issue since the one at hand is about thetreatment of animals

ReputationRep:
    I personally love meat and feel we shudnt feel guilty by eating it - however this is a different issue since the one at hand is about thetreatment of animals
    I apologise for posting something (slightly) off topic. I didn't use it to justify anything I have said, just pointed out it is an interesting read. I didn't intend to put anyone on the defensive by posting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    hohoho, ever heard of photoshop, i could make you a bonsai giraffe in a few hours.
    :eek: Please do!

ReputationRep:
    toy.. number 3 is what i was ranitng about.... 2 to an extent to. they should be made to suffer.

ReputationRep:
    I apologise for posting something (slightly) off topic. I didn't use it to justify anything I have said, just pointed out it is an interesting read. I didn't intend to put anyone on the defensive by posting it.
    Its not the goryness of it that sickens me, its the fact that f***ers are so damn cruel and sick, and the shear pain the animals must have gone through. sick. i'll PM you now if no one already has.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.