The Student Room Group

Why can't the world be like TSR?

Just sitting here and a thought occurred to me...

Why can't the world be more like TSR? Apart from very rare occasions, people from all sort of backgrounds come on here and nobody bats an eyelid: white, black, mixed-race, muslim, catholic, homosexual, bi-sexual, rich, poor, etc etc etc....

People come on here asking for advice and people go out of their way to help out, even though they're complete strangers.. how often do you get that in society?

Considering that the users of TSR are teens-late twenties, I reckon the older generation have a few things to learn!

Scroll to see replies

Because real life doesn't have moderators
Reply 2
It does happen in real life quite alot acually !

Yu jus need to be in the right place at the right time as u are at TSR !
HearTheThunder

hehe i like that!
HearTheThunder

Really? Then how come I soon won't be able to smoke a cigarette in my local? Real life does have moderators, and they're oppressive nanny-mods at that.

The reason TSR is fairly accepting is because it's a student forum... and as students we're used to mixing with various groups of people. The world isn't full of Uni students.

...thank god :eek:
Reply 5
yeah there are some really nice people out there! who will go out of their way to help you and sometimes it feels like theres no one lol
Toy Soldier
Really? Then how come I soon won't be able to smoke a cigarette in my local? Real life does have moderators, and they're oppressive nanny-mods at that.

Yeahh but the government cant "block our IPs" or anything or "kick us out" of the world if you misbehave slightly
Reply 7
I KNOW there's nice people out there but you seem to get a lot more racism and hatred, people on here are just so accepting and, well... nice!! :biggrin:
and they can't edit what you do or say literaly after you've done it.. and thre arnt filters.
hmm I'm suspicious that people generally filter themselves down on TSR from real life
probably.

i try not to rant on here in fear of being kicked of :biggrin:

i have diferent forums that alow rantings of diferent kinds. its handy.
Reply 11
Brown Eyed Girl
and they can't edit what you do or say literaly after you've done it.. and thre arnt filters.

haha, that's a very good point!
puk2184
haha, that's a very good point!

would be rather comical seeing people try tho...

could imaging people running round in out fits listening to every conversation and stoping you before you say something bad...
Brown Eyed Girl
would be rather comical seeing people try tho...

could imaging people running round in out fits listening to every conversation and stoping you before you say something bad...

:rofl: hahahhah

"Congestion charges! God can you believe the gov... STOP!!!! *2 warning points*! .. uhhh I mean isn't the government nice!!"
Reply 14
HearTheThunder
Yeahh but the government cant "block our IPs" or anything or "kick us out" of the world if you misbehave slightly

Blocking IPS ~ Jail (!)
timeofyourlife
Blocking IPS ~ Jail (!)

Proxy ~ Big Shovel!
Reply 16
HearTheThunder
Proxy ~ Big Shovel!

lol, and reputation ~ money.
There ARE though... there's libel and slander and things you're not allowed to say. And the media is filtered constantly.
HearTheThunder
Proxy ~ Big Shovel!

Nah, proxy = good lawyer :p:
Reply 19
all i can say is.

TSR is the better place. Live on!

of only our society could be as simple as tsr is.

Latest

Trending

Trending