Turn on thread page Beta

Why can't the world be like TSR? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why can't the world be like TSR? Because most people on here are idealistic middle class kids who don't have enough life experience in the workplace or in general to make important decisions...

reputation = ego boosting for sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    Just sitting here and a thought occurred to me...

Why can't the world be more like TSR? Apart from very rare occasions, people from all sort of backgrounds come on here and nobody bats an eyelid: white, black, mixed-race, muslim, catholic, homosexual, bi-sexual, rich, poor, etc etc etc....

People come on here asking for advice and people go out of their way to help out, even though they're complete strangers.. how often do you get that in society?

Considering that the users of TSR are teens-late twenties, I reckon the older generation have a few things to learn!
    I totally know what you mean. nobody judges anybody on what they look like or what religion they are. you can only judge a person on what they say which is often the best way to find out what a person is like. Everybody seems to get on here anyway. The world could be such a friendly place.

ReputationRep:
    Would a TSR-Real world include verbally attacking (bashing) people you've only just met (newbies) and telling them to learn social skills and a road map (FAQ)

ReputationRep:
    If the world was like TSR, I would probably go off into a corner and die quietly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    of only our society could be as simple as tsr is.
    It WAS until god had a bad hair day and invented bloody politicians....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Would a TSR-Real world include verbally attacking (bashing) people you've only just met (newbies) and telling them to learn social skills and a road map (FAQ)
    yep . Some people have to be told :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Tsr is not like the rest of the world because the scum of the earth still have better things to ruin...

(Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    Tsr is not like the rest of the world because the scum of the earth still have better things to ruin...
    Yes i agree with you. TSR has some very friendly members, and its true doesn't matter what race, relgion etc.. you are, everyone still gets treated the same.

Seabiscuit i disagree about no work experience. I am studying my A2's (Maths, Phsyics and Computing) but i still work 18 hours a week part time at Somerfield. So i know what work is like, in fact it urges me to make sure i get a good job when im older. But nevertheless it is valuable experience. So in a way yes i agree there is a LOT of peeps my age (16, 17 next week! :p: ) who don't work because they are lazy and spend too much time concentrating on studying, plus not to mention a lot of people without jobs always seem to come accross as anti-social tossers (sorry has to be said). and are not use to mixing with the public.
    Oh well.

Flukey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Why can't the world be like TSR? Because most people on here are idealistic middle class kids who don't have enough life experience in the workplace or in general to make important decisions...

Perfect explanation, thats exactly what I was thinking.
    Also, people going on an academic forum in their spare time are probably cleverer, better educated and probably more open minded than the average population.
    Anyway, the world isnt that bad, there are a lot of nice, intelligent helpful people around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perkyDani)
    Also, people going on an academic forum in their spare time are probably cleverer, better educated and probably more open minded than the average population.
    Anyway, the world isnt that bad, there are a lot of nice, intelligent helpful people around
    *looks over the Mersey at Liverpool*

ummm, no :eek:

(Original post by perkyDani)
    Clever is not everything, social skills is hugely important too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ajdabrill is a nice, intelligent helpful person ay chaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)

Why can't the world be more like TSR?
    because it would be a totes freak show. drrrrr :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Because real life doesn't have moderators
    Except for God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Except for God.
    :rofl: Wouldn't he be admin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)

Maybe we could do with more idealistic middle class kids if that's what it takes to be intelligent and nice to other people.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Wouldn't he be admin?
    thats means that people can pick and choose which admins they wish to follow!

what about atheists?
    "there is no admin"

every one seems to go on about how people are racist to black/asian/coloured... (trying no to get attacked for missing out a colour) how come no1 has pointed out how people are racist to white people? i went thru 5 years of it thankyou.

if the world does one day become like tsr... im seriously chaining my self away from D&D!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Because TSR isn't a real representation of life..

People in real life know how to take a joke and don't get offended by every single statement you make...

Dudes on TSR are too homotional

(Original post by Billistic)
    Because TSR isn't a real representation of life..

People in real life know how to take a joke and don't get offended by every single statement you make...

Dudes on TSR are too homotional
    in my experiance its the other way around

TSR isnt like any of the other forums or chatrooms i've been on.its much better

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.