Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feeling tired, stressed and ill at the end of this long term? Drudgery of UCAS is making me ill with worry and all I want to do is curl up in a ball and go to sleep; not revise for ten million modules in January to get me my grades to go to uni!
    Familiar anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Anyone else feeling tired, stressed and ill at the end of this long term? Drudgery of UCAS is making me ill with worry and all I want to do is curl up in a ball and go to sleep; not revise for ten million modules in January to get me my grades to go to uni!
    Familiar anyone?
    Yep, remember this term is half of the school year.

ReputationRep:
    Familiar anyone?
    yeah, uni has a habit of doing that to you, and brb everyone. this cat had best stop meowing for milk or I'm gonna strangulate the bugger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    yeah, uni has a habit of doing that to you, and brb everyone. this cat had best stop meowing for milk or I'm gonna strangulate the bugger
    Oh no, not at uni too! I really have to find a way to not get so bogged down in work-like actually do it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just got a whole host of **** comments from my teachers about my effort levels! Oh, they love me really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Yeah, I just got a whole host of **** comments from my teachers about my effort levels! Oh, they love me really
    I'm sure they do. Teachers really do have a hard job of expressing true feelings. I dated one once. Honestly got scared that she was going to grade me on perfomance in the sack.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, the best comment i got today was that i was 'charmless' , maybe she was just coming on to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    hehe, the best comment i got today was that i was 'charmless' , maybe she was just coming on to me
    Always an option lol

ReputationRep:
    Familiar anyone?
    yep, i feel dreadful... so incredibly bad that i not been in college since monday cos my glands are all swollen and i have zero energy. i went the doctors today who said i have a virus and probably won't be able to go back to college til the end of next week!!! i have way too much work to do to miss much college... arghhhhhhh......
    *crosses fingers it isn't glandular fever*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Glandular fever is nasty. i have got rid of the actual glandular fever I think but whilst I had it I had a sickness bug and my asthma got worse and now my immunity is so low i am waiting to go back to the doctors I have really bad ulcered tonsils think it might be tonsillitis and I have conjunctivitis in one eye.

So I hope you havent got it, fingers crossed it will just be stress.
    Stress can make you ill, when i finished my A Levels my last exam was chemistry and they had to sit me at the back of the hall so I could keep going out to be sick and when I finished the exams I was in bed for about 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yep, i feel dreadful... so incredibly bad that i not been in college since monday cos my glands are all swollen and i have zero energy. i went the doctors today who said i have a virus and probably won't be able to go back to college til the end of next week!!! i have way too much work to do to miss much college... arghhhhhhh......
    *crosses fingers it isn't glandular fever*

lou xxx
    I hope its not glandular fever! I've been feeling so dreadful lately as well, its complete madness! I even caught a flu virus which had me missing vital A-level lessons, and i'm still feeling the effects a week later - i'm making myself ill again trying to get all the work sorted and revise - its just not happening! Why are A-levels such *****es?!?!?!?

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Glandular fever is nasty. i have got rid of the actual glandular fever I think but whilst I had it I had a sickness bug and my asthma got worse and now my immunity is so low i am waiting to go back to the doctors I have really bad ulcered tonsils think it might be tonsillitis and I have conjunctivitis in one eye.

So I hope you havent got it, fingers crossed it will just be stress.
    Stress can make you ill, when i finished my A Levels my last exam was chemistry and they had to sit me at the back of the hall so I could keep going out to be sick and when I finished the exams I was in bed for about 3 weeks.
    yeah i'm hoping it's not... they're going to do the tests, but they have to wait 2 weeks before they're allowed to... for now i just have to stay in bed *all i've done since monday is sleep and it's driving me mad* she said that i could well be that and things like my asthma going worse, and getting dermatitis on my arm and leg suggest my immunity's rubbish. arghhhh.... i'm hoping it's jus a random virus that will go away before christmas.

when did you get it and how long did all your symptoms last?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I got it at the start of term I think. I got tested about 6 weeks ago took about 2 weeks to get my results back.
    At the start of term I had a cold sore throat headache etc it didnt go away so i went to the doctor.She thought it was just my asthma giving me a bad chest so I just had a bigger dose of asthma medicine, but anyway it still didnt go away so I kept going back to the doctors got bloodtest and its glandular fever or a virus thats got the same symptoms as glandular fever.
    It really varies on how long you are ill for some people are just ill for a few weeks but you can expect the tiredness to last for quite a while. For some people the tiredness symptoms can last for up to a year apparently. This link might help.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...landular.shtml

My friend had it in year 12 and she is now 24 she says she still gets relapses of the tiredness when she is stressed.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeah i know what your feeling. I've been obsessed with getting offers from uni and really happy when I have done, feeling like the hard work is all over and I can finally go to uni. Really though, the hard but is to come, I actually have to GET the grades not just be predicted them which Is going to be the hardest part of the application process so far. I think i've been concentrating too much on getting offers from unis and not enough on getting the grades to actually meet the offers (although I guess I need to have some offers to try to meet if you get me).
    I'm kind of glad that I haven't had any unconditional offers or I would have lost the motivation to work as much by now- which is probably why unis only give them to exceptional highly motivated people! ~(which is definatly not me)~

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.