*Pics* Do you prefer a pointy chin or a strong jaw? (on women)

Watch
Poll: Do you prefer a pointy chin or a strong jaw? (on women)
Pointy chin (68)
37.36%
Strong jaw (70)
38.46%
No preference (44)
24.18%
This discussion is closed.
Bluelight
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
from the pictures, strong jaw seems to look nicer, not that they're strong jaws in the sense that they're overpowering.
Saff123
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sandeep90)
The first picture in the 'pointy chin' section is quite weird, her chin looks unnatural!
Reese Witherspoon is famous for having a prominent jaw (it's natural). Even if it's a little out of proportion she's undoubtedly beautiful and has an amazing talent for acting.
She has character (including her jaw) which the vast majority of the clones we're used to seeing simply lack.
Dibs_anim
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
strong!!
Mana_C
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
the girls in the pics all look pretty
XFire36
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Strong jaws, also personality.
ellingham
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
strong jaw as she will be able to take a couple shots on the chin
O-Ren
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Saff123)
Reese Witherspoon is famous for having a prominent jaw (it's natural). even if it's a little out of proportion she's undoubtedly beautiful and has an amazing talent for acting.
She has character (including her jaw) which the vast majority of the clones we're used to seeing simply lack.
I think Reese was a bad example for me to pick, as she actually has both a strong jaw AND an insanely pointy chin, whereas Jessica and Scarlett have much weaker jaws.
shamrock92
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Best chin of all time...

Saff123
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by O-Ren)
I think Reese was a bad example for me to pick, as she actually has both a strong jaw AND an insanely pointy chin, whereas Jessica and Scarlett have much weaker jaws.
You've given this a lot of thought haven't you?
I do know she has got a lot of stick for her prominent chin by the US press but I've personally had a crush on her for years and honestly don't think it matters one iota. I'm guessing you avatar is of Bardot? I suppose she would be strong.
O-Ren
Rep:
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Saff123)
You've given this a lot of thought haven't you?
I do know she has got a lot of stick for her prominent chin by the US press but I've personally had a crush on her for years and honestly don't think it matters one iota. I'm guessing you avatar is of Bardot? I suppose she would be strong.
My avatar is Ruslana Korshunova the most beautiful woman ever
username211340
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _Fleur_)
This, exactly.

(Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I fall into the 'pointy chin' category...)
If that's you in your pic, my preference for "pointy" chins is justified

(Original post by O-Ren)
I think pointy chins give women a 'cute' and 'feminine' look but the most beautiful women seem to have strong jaws.

I have a pointy chin but want a strong jaw
Most women who I reckon are attractive have pointy chins, but I prefer the "cute" look anyway :yep:
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
strong jaw looks better, I find weaker jaws make you look kind of weak. Also kind of common looking, I tend to see a lot of chavvy, working class girls having weak chins, where generally more sporty upper class have stronger jaw lines. I think weak jawlines are quite a common trait among the anglo saxon british. Mine isn't a strong jawline it's just not weak either.

I'll give an example of a weak jawline-her

strong
Saff123
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
strong jaw looks better, I find weaker jaws make you look kind of weak. Also kind of common looking, I tend to see a lot of chavvy, working class girls having weak chins, where generally more sporty upper class have stronger jaw lines. I think weak jawlines are quite a common trait among the anglo saxon british. Mine isn't a strong jawline it's just not weak either.

I'll give an example of a weak jawline-her

strong
Dude you can't possibly put the difference between those two ladies down to 'jaw line". Although I somewhat admire your skillz in putting forward your argument in the way you did, if i hadn't already used it up, I would + rep you for your shameless front alone. :rofl:
DirtyHarry
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Both have their place.
pianoblack
Report 12 years ago
Pointy. Soft, slender features for me.
Roboticz
Report 12 years ago
Don't care really.

I care enough to look at the thread though.
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I have a strong jaw and would prefer a pointy chin :p:
Lord_Farquad
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Am I the only one who think Keira Knightly is actually pretty ugly?
Lord_Farquad
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
I have a strong jaw and would prefer a pointy chin :p:

You DEFINITELY have a pointy chin.
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lord_Farquad)
You DEFINITELY have a pointy chin.
In which case I'd prefer a strong jaw :hmmmm:

Always want what you don't have
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.97%
Okay (67)
28.63%
A bit lacking (88)
37.61%
Not good at all (58)
24.79%

Watched Threads