*Pics* Do you prefer a pointy chin or a strong jaw? (on women)

Watch
Poll: Do you prefer a pointy chin or a strong jaw? (on women)
Pointy chin (68)
37.36%
Strong jaw (70)
38.46%
No preference (44)
24.18%
This discussion is closed.
Millie228
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Heizenburg)
strong jaws are for men.
I agree. It surprises me how many have responded 'strong jaw'. Could be because women with those features are overrepresented in the media in the women chosen by the OP are attractive. However, I think they are attractive in spite of it, not because of it. There has been a shift in the media in general, where women are meant to look like a hybrid between a woman and a teenage boy. Masculine face, narrow hips, washboard abs, large gap between the thighs. It's all just gay fashion designers really. Thing is they haven't just changed women's preferences, they've successfully changed men's preferences as well, over the past 50 years.
CLPsych
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I really hate my chin It's practically non-existent, so small. Gutted.

I think women with more pointed jaws tend to look classically 'prettier' and women with strong jaws often have that strong, sexy thing going on. But obviously there are a bunch of other factors which contribute to those things too. I almost think celebrities in general aren't great examples because most female celebs are very attractive regardless of the shape of their features.

I don't really think one or the other is inherently more attractive.
Millie228
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CLPsych)
I really hate my chin It's practically non-existent, so small. Gutted.

I think women with more pointed jaws tend to look classically 'prettier' and women with strong jaws often have that strong, sexy thing going on. But obviously there are a bunch of other factors which contribute to those things too. I almost think celebrities in general aren't great examples because most female celebs are very attractive regardless of the shape of their features.

I don't really think one or the other is inherently more attractive.
Weak chin and weak jaw sometimes come together, but having a non-existent chin is not the opposite of a strong jaw. As you see the OP compared a strong jaw with a pointy chin, with those being the alternatives.
A weak chin can be fixed quite easily cosmetically, it wouldn't make you masculine (or with a strong jaw, for that matter).
other one
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Millie228)
I agree. It surprises me how many have responded 'strong jaw'. Could be because women with those features are overrepresented in the media in the women chosen by the OP are attractive. However, I think they are attractive in spite of it, not because of it. There has been a shift in the media in general, where women are meant to look like a hybrid between a woman and a teenage boy. Masculine face, narrow hips, washboard abs, large gap between the thighs. It's all just gay fashion designers really. Thing is they haven't just changed women's preferences, they've successfully changed men's preferences as well, over the past 50 years.
I wouldn't despair. I think most guys just melt at the classical feminine figure of big hips and small waist, they like voluminous breasts, they don't like anything too skinny and certainly don't praise a washboard abs/ narrow hips as much the media suggests. I don't think their preferences are changing as the main proof of that seems to be the comments section in the Daily Fail. Case in point: everyone seems to be irritated by Kelly Brooks, but no man has ever said that her figure is unappealing. In fact most are drooling over her figure, despite hating her as a person. She is not particularly toned, has a small waist and wide hips (true lower hip hourglass) and is overall very feminine body-wise.

PS all the supermodels with masculine features - what do readers comment? good body, hate the face. men do not like masculine looking women despite a lot of supermodels looking manly facially..
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'd go with strong jaw... only because I have one!
United4prem
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
my ex had a pointy chin & it looked messed up. she looked like peter griffin.
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Can't believe we've come to this... All these beautiful women and its still not good enough. No wonder young women such as myself feel so inferior.
Sp00ns
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I hunk it depends what you look like, I have a point you chin, and would think I would look so weird to have a strong one
Laliq
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I have a pointy chin and I never feel because of the media. All ”beautiful” women seem to have square faces.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.97%
Okay (67)
28.63%
A bit lacking (88)
37.61%
Not good at all (58)
24.79%

Watched Threads