Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, not there then. Good luck with wherever you get put!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    I believe I was doing the same.
    Yes, and you have every right to of course. But I felt you were being a little heavy with the sarcasm when responding to my earlier comment!

(Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Thank God.
    I take it you're not too keen on London then! What do you not like about it?

I was referring to you describing York as a 'historical/cultural metropolis' (or something along those lines) in comparison to Warwick. It's certainly a great city with some funky history. But I don't think anyone could say that it's equal to London - which is one of the cultural/historical metropolises (a word?) of the world!

ok, I don't really understand the point I'm making here...maybe I'm out to get the 'last word' or something....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think there's a bit of a false dichotomy going on here.. not entirely sure why you even raised London in the first place.

I like to be able to walk around where I live. York is the best city ever. True story.

ReputationRep:
    Yorks pretty sweet, going anywhere in london can be a nightmare, especially if you dont know where you are, where as london is pretty easy to navigate, even has the speaker things down parliment street for blind people (Anyone else want a vote on how annoying they can be?)

ReputationRep:
    Er, how is London difficult to navigate? The underground must be the easiest and most convenient transport system ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Muffin)
    Er, how is London difficult to navigate? The underground must be the easiest and most convenient transport system ever.
    True, but it is smelly, sweatty, crowded (cattle-esque) and overpriced.

ReputationRep:
    the underground is probably too expensive to use all the time on a student's budget. I agree its v. expensive to use, and v.uncomfortable. I went down for a kings college open day and the travelling was so hot/uncomfortable. Mind you, thats only @ rush hour. I chose York over london coz i thought i wouldn't hack london full time, its so busy and crowded. But i do love the city, and kings is my insurance, so i might still be going!

ReputationRep:
    You can get a student underground card, a bit like the Young persons railcard.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sun, 16 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.