Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajira)
    here's the graph
    i did that.. but inbetween the peaks i had a little bit which was at 0. Because there were times when there wasn't any wholes for a while.. i could be very wrong though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rupes)
    Isnt there a period of time where I=0 i.e. where there is no overlap whatso ever of the 2 circles. Oh well theres no fussing, its only 2 marks.
    thats what i was thinking when i did my graph!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rupes)
    Isnt there a period of time where I=0 i.e. where there is no overlap whatso ever of the 2 circles. Oh well theres no fussing, its only 2 marks.
    hmm come to think of it, thats possible..like middle flat bits to show that.
    but no..then again that is only instantaneous when there is no overlap watsoever

so no its ok :p:

ReputationRep:
    Electron makes white path is it goes through a bubble chamber. Bubble chamber consists of superheated liquid hydrogen under pressure. When the electron enters it ionises the hydrogen and releases the pressure temporarily, creating "condensation" sites for the bubbles to form on --> leaving a white trail.

P.D. question was odd. I got 0.000797V across the 25 Ohm Resistor.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sequence123)
    what did everyone get for the speed of the spectrum thingy
    I got 15^6m/s
    Cant remember the my answer but you also had to say that is was moving toward the earth. It wanted velocity not speed. It was 4 marks. 3 for the speed, one for giving the correct direction. I think it was blue shift - moving towards us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    No. when they were lined up, max charge was induced.
    Disagree. DMaster is right.

ReputationRep:
    One was 47, the other 25

so i did 25/72 times 1.5
    No, one was 47,000
    and the other was 25.

ReputationRep:
    I got 15^6 as well, but apparently thats wrong as you are meant to add 20 onto 420 as opposed to taking it away.

Actual answer is 1.36^7 apparently

ReputationRep:
    Actual answer is 1.36^7 apparently
    yeah it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minnime)
    Nope not as bad as some of the past paper qs. (though not as easy as others)
    but i forgot to multiply the damn lead pellet thing by 60!!!!
    I wander how many ive lost from those stupid mistakes.
    I thought the mass given was the total mass of all the 60 pellets. So I didn't multiply by 60!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goddess)
    I thought the mass given was the total mass of all the 60 pellets. So I didn't multiply by 60!
    u werent meant to multiply the mass...
    it was the distance .8m that was to b multiplied by 60 cuz the tube was being inverted 60 times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imaad)
    for teh recessional velocity i put that it was 1.36 exp 7 then crossed it out and did 420 -20 so used 400. and got 15 exp somoehting. but i def said towards the earth. on the whole i thought it was a gd phy6 paper.

for the two plates did u draw it so the hoels were lined up or so they werent lined up.
    and what did people draw for the very last qu bout finding the work function
    oh dear are we supposed to subtract? i was thinkiing about that but did not in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMIM)
    oh dear are we supposed to subtract? i was thinkiing about that but did not in the end.
    u were meant to add
    420 + 20..thats cuz 'blue end' is towards wavelength decreasing n the actual wavelength was opposite to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DmAsTeR)
    they were NOT lined up...it told in the info..when lined up theres 0 induced charge...somethin like dat
    I have a copy of the passage here.

"when the holes are aligned, A is Zero, and the induced charge is the effectively zero"

But did it not what the position when induced charge was maximum? So that would mean when there not overlappping?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is
    i can confirm that

ReputationRep:
    u were meant to add
    420 + 20..thats cuz 'blue end' is towards wavelength decreasing n the actual wavelength was opposite to that
    I thought we should leave it as it said when it was observed on earth it was shifted 20. Not that it was observed as 420 on earth. (I think that what was said)

I thought 420 was the un-shifted value. Cant remember the question fully, nor do I fully know how to use that equation anyway.

Can someone please clarify.

What do U use as lamda? The unshifted value? Or the value you observe on earth?

Damn - hope if im wrong they will take only 1 mark off. I remember it was 4 marks. 1 is to say moving towards the earth.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was that graph thing worth? As I dont remember even doing a graph! I think it must have been 2 mark no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMIM)
    I thought we should leave it as it said when it was observed on earth it was shifted 20. Not that it was observed as 420 on earth. (I think that what was said)

I thought 420 was the un-shifted value. Cant remember the question fully, nor do I fully know how to use that equation anyway.

Can someone please clarify.

What do U use as lamda? The unshifted value? Or the value you observe on earth?

Damn - hope if im wrong they will take only 1 mark off. I remember it was 4 marks. 1 is to say moving towards the earth.
    u use the 'true' value for lambda..ie the unshifted value
    the question said the value observed on earth was shifted towards blue..so the true wavelength would b longer

420 was the value observed on earth so u wud add to it to get the unshifted value

as for the graph..yup, it was two marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMIM)
    How many marks was that graph thing worth? As I dont remember even doing a graph! I think it must have been 2 mark no?
    2 marks i think, although i say i messed up. I probably did ok

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 5, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.