Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How'd it go guys and girls?

I think it was ok, some tricky questions but thought section B was easy. Section A was a lot harder.

What you think?

ReputationRep:
    Thought that exam was really easy! I was a bit pushed for time and didnt answer all of the last question of Section B. A lot of what i predicted would come up did.

ReputationRep:
    What was the last question out of and what was the whole paper out of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma$e69)
    What was the last question out of and what was the whole paper out of?
    woops - wrong threead :rolleyes: - this is for OCR right?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, OCR.

I thought it was really easy, but some questions were a bit wiffy in what they were asking but apart from that it was pretty good. Section B was mega easy, the Particle Pictures Paper was a lot harder.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was much harder. I found the first question on section B about the TV easy. Which way did you draw the field lines, verticle or horizontal? What was the last question out of? Do you know? Paper was out of 90.

I drew the field lines horizontal and from right to left. Paper was mega good though !

ReputationRep:
    I really didn't like the paper, which is odd because I always seem to agree with the general consensus of things on here. Some answers that I got that I can remember (probably wrong!):

Make the constriction narrower on the water model to increase resistance.
    I put Flux then Flux Density on the table on the second page in that order, but I'm not convinced.
    Pressure and Density for the atmosphere/weather forecasting one?
    6 straight lines, pointing anode to cathode.
    Battery life of 11.9 hours (I didn't get this, but everyone else seemed to).
    Pressure is air molecules repeatedly striking the surface.

Gah =(

Off to sulk.

Martin

ReputationRep:
    Was the path of closest approach found be setting E = (e^2 X K)/d?

I didn't include the fact that there were 81 electrons in all, and I'm sure that I should have =(

Also, did anyone get the phone charge as 3000 coulombs? I got 3 coulombs, and I didn't make a 10^x error, so i must have done the wrong sum completely.

Was it exponential? I put no, but I fear that it was (purely because they always are).

Boo Hoo =(

(Original post by pumpkinstein)
    Was the path of closest approach found be setting E = (e^2 X K)/d?

I didn't include the fact that there were 81 electrons in all, and I'm sure that I should have =(
    81 electrons??...not 79?...alpha particle has no electrons
    Also, did anyone get the phone charge as 3000 coulombs? I got 3 coulombs, and I didn't make a 10^x error, so i must have done the wrong sum completely.
    yeah, i got something like 2700
    Was it exponential? I put no, but I fear that it was (purely because they always are).

Boo Hoo =(
    yeah it was an exponential

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was a pretty tricky paper... the question with the closest approach which formula did people use? and wot answer did people get i think i got something of the order of 10^-12/13

ReputationRep:
    I meant protons, sorry =(

I only needed about 60% on this one for an A over all, and I'm really not sure that I got it. Papers with insufficient time are clearly not trialled properly.

Martin

(Original post by amo1)
    i thought it was a pretty tricky paper... the question with the closest approach which formula did people use? and wot answer did people get i think i got something of the order of 10^-12/13
    10^-13/10^-14 I think...

I meant protons, sorry =(

hmm...i just let the KE= 2kZe^2/d and rearranged and solved for d (where Z = 79)...correct method?

ReputationRep:
    I think one of us got it right Mathemagician, probably you =) I just didn't include Z in mine, so I guess I could potentially get 2/3 marks.

Martin

I think one of us got it right Mathemagician, probably you =) I just didn't include Z in mine, so I guess I could potentially get 2/3 marks.

Martin

check page 184 in the orange book (yellow box)

ReputationRep:
    Oh I believe you, don't worry, I have written "I hate OCR" over every word of every page of mine now, so I won't be able to read it anyway =(

Martin

Oh I believe you, don't worry, I have written "I hate OCR" over every word of every page of mine now, so I won't be able to read it anyway =(

Martin
    :eek: you had time for that?

ReputationRep:
    No, I didn't really do that =)

Martin

No, I didn't really do that =)

Martin
    :p: haha

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.