Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, do you not think that the easy bits were TOO easy, and the hard bits TOO hard to get a large enough standard deviation to be able to pitch any kind of vaguely accurate UMS? I highly doubt it. I sort of hope that EVERYONE got the mean score, that way maybe they would actually take note.

Martin

ReputationRep:
    hey. i thought some bits of it were pretty easy, and some bits were horrid...particulary the bits about the weather! I forgot to use z too in the clost approach bit, and there really wasnt enough time. But you could sort of predict a formula for the bits you didnt know...thank fully! thanks for this thread though...really helped on some of the questions!

I do agree about the timing (I finished 1/2 hour before) but ALOT of people from my school didnt get time to finish at all :.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, finishing early is quite something, I meant that no one finished in time.

ReputationRep:
    Easy Paper really.
    Trying to think of answers....

First bit: Voltage (PD), then the other two Current and Resistance i think cant remember
    Second bit: Flux LINKAGE, Emf
    C and A respecitvely for the multiple choice on equations
    Cant remember closest approach
    10100 Max number of protons produced

For the table: cross tick
    For the table: tick tick

For proof of exponential atmosphere P=K/alt. therefore K = P.ALT

Radioactivity was fine.
    Boltzmann stuff was easy enough.

I struggled a little with the Mobile phone question, was running low on time so had to rush it. I got 2000C not 3000C for Charge, and also i got 3.33 hours for the battery life... which seemed very low, any answers?

Apart from that it seemed easy enough.

Hardly any keplar lol.

ReputationRep:
    First question I put voltage then charge then current.

10100 Max number of protons produced, I got this.

For the table: tick tick, I also got this.

I struggled a little with the Mobile phone question, was running low on time so had to rush it. I got 2000C not 3000C for Charge, and also i got 3.33 hours for the battery life... which seemed very low, any answers?

I got 2700C. Also did everyone get B and then A for the question asking for which equation meant what?

ReputationRep:
    Also what did people get for the question asking about what /\N, N, /\t and lambda meant?

I put change in number of nuclei, number of nuclei, change in time and decay constant.

For the graph did you draw yours from 1000 to 400? (ie there are 2x as many left than the one already drawn since there is a 1 in 10 chance rather than a 1 in 5 chance)

?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunGod87)
    First question I put voltage then charge then current.

10100 Max number of protons produced, I got this.

For the table: tick tick, I also got this.

I got 2700C. Also did everyone get B and then A for the question asking for which equation meant what?
    I got the same as you for everything except the battery life, got 10.9 hours for that...? And yeah, if you used the equation for the curve it ends up at around 450 or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnwarneruk)
    C and A respecitvely for the multiple choice on equations
    Cant remember closest approach
    10100 Max number of protons produced
    For proof of exponential atmosphere P=K/alt. therefore K = P.ALT
    Couple of things I disagree about / can contribute:
    I got B and A, but can't remember what the equations were anyway could be wrong.
    Closest approach 7.??x10^-14
    eh, protons?
    Exponential atmosphere: (dP/dA) = K.A surely??? (A=alt)

Other ones great :cool:
    (Original post by Moosh3)
    battery life, got 10.9 hours for that...?
    I like that , i think i got something very similar but only out due to rounding.
    Anyone get 4x10^-4 °C s-1 ?

(Original post by Daft Wader)

Anyone get 4x10^-4 °C s-1 ?
    yeah, I got this.

ReputationRep:
    Got most of those answers.

Only one i didn't was the ticky thing, i thought metals were to do with the Quantum Model of Atoms, therefore did not apply to Rutherfords or Thomsons Model

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.