Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody has taken that this afternoon? I thought it was terrible. I think I am going to cry now. I hate physic and I hate myself for taking it at A level and I hate my school for having such a narrow choice of A levels and grrr I realy nead to moan, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah had same exam...thought it was ok tbh

the synoptic stuff at the end seemed alright, did anyone get most of the first question though?

im convinced you needed to know G to work the potential in a gravitational field!

kinda threw me when you had to work out these and they didnt give it to you :confused:

or am i just being stupid?

ReputationRep:
    i thought it went ok, there was a lot of fiddely questions though where you had to convert quanties into correct units eg kmh-1 etc.

hoping i get my A now need 153/210 from this exam and the practical

ReputationRep:
    dave u didnt get G because the question was Potential is inversly proportional to the distance away yeah, so u got GM as your value for k if u make potential = k/r therefore k=GxMass of Sun

ReputationRep:
    I did almost nothing in question 1 as I got totaly confused, the rest was a bit better. I do not want A in physic anymore. B will be sufficient so I need only 93/210 from this **** and practical.

By the way, how do you get M of the sun in first question?

ReputationRep:
    i hated that, i just hope my unit 4 & 6 were both 100%! cos i reckon i got about 50%

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone spot that explaination question about the electric and magnetic field question said "two of the six marks are for quality of communication" and there were actually 7 maks on that question, i dont think i'll get any for it anyway.
    For the first bit of the question 1, that bit about the field strength on the suns surface, could you just divide the potential they gave you by the radius again?

ReputationRep:
    Wow 100% in Physic, that is never going to heppen to me .

ReputationRep:
    i just did the paper - i got stuck on the first question also - an houtr later i realised i didnt need G. it was pretty hard in some ways but i think if i didnt need the toilet for the first hour and not been so nervous about it i could have done bout 80% of it. it took me a while to ssee that when you reverse th poles the current wouldnt flow in the circuit cos of the diode. i had some rreal trouble describing eddy currents for sum reason. to be honest i dont care cos im doign it again next year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    :mad: thats annoying missing something that seems so obvious now you say!

Rest of it was pretty ok though the jet enginge question was nice.

To everyone that says they've failed the paper the average mark is normally less than 50% and the mark for an A is about normally 60/100...

With any luck that'll mean low grade boundaries again so ya shud be alright

ReputationRep:
    I do not realy understand why they make it so difficult just to lower the bundaries to some readiculus level later on. It would be better for everybody if they just make peaper easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James K)
    Did anyone spot that explaination question about the electric and magnetic field question said "two of the six marks are for quality of communication" and there were actually 7 maks on that question, i dont think i'll get any for it anyway.
    Yeah . I was going to circle and write a note but though best not take the piss as I need an A .

ReputationRep:
    well, i just wrote a bunch of rubbish for the few comunication papers, hopefully, I will get an A with very low grade boundries, so praying that 40/100 will be an A or something abusrd like that.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the question with figure 3 and 4 was a bit sneaky for it's own damn good. The long bit was just explaining how speed remains constand when you circle but the one that acts like projectile accelerates....As for the first question after lots of scrawling I just decided to write LOTS of maths (and I remembered what G was for some silly reason) then realised u could just cancel it out. Hmm what else...The last section wasn't that bad, just some funny maths...In fact the entire paper seemed to have alot more math and alot less explanation than some of the past papers i've seen. And yea Module 5 has a wonderful UMS adjustment come August...No worries

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.