Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would any one please like to tell me their opinion of role models!! its for my school work i need to know what people think of our modern day role models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan_h)
    Would any one please like to tell me their opinion of role models!! its for my school work i need to know what people think of our modern day role models.
    Can you narrow the question down please.

ReputationRep:
    yes role models are important.
    They present a guiding figure head from which we derive some of our will to succeed. Eg: Any hopeful in the world of sport, will have a role model who is in the top of that particular sport. Even though they may get drive, and inspiration from coaches, friends etc, they need that role model. Does that help at all?

ReputationRep:
    thank you, i need to know if young people, think role models have any use in our modern day world. such as people like britney spears thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan_h)
    thank you, i need to know if young people, think role models have any use in our modern day world. such as people like britney spears thanks
    Role model: My dad.

He works really hard to give me a chance in life that he did not have. I hope when I have children, I will do the same.

So role models are available to everyone, you have to look at them closely, and see whether it really is the pop star or more closer to home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Role model: My dad.

He works really hard to give me a chance in life that he did not have. I hope when I have children, I will do the same.

So role models are available to everyone, you have to look at them closely, and see whether it really is the pop star or more closer to home.
    agreed. I worship the ground my father walks on. Of course young people think role models are important. This may sound stupid, but I do suggest you go out and ask some young people what they think. It is likely to be your best source of information on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't have any specific role models. There are people I admire, both famous and real life acquaintances, but I don't think I deliberately try to be like any of them. Even my parents.

ReputationRep:
    A good celebrity role model is someone who is good at what he or she does, and inspires others to do the same. However in order to be a good rolemodel, that person should be a good person, and behaves whenever in public at least. That would show children or young peoople what to be like, instead of what not to be like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    A good celebrity role model is someone who is good at what he or she does, and inspires others to do the same. However in order to be a good rolemodel, that person should be a good person, and behaves whenever in public at least. That would show children or young peoople what to be like, instead of what not to be like.
    Well put as usual Xenon mate

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all you help. i have taken in all of your opinions. so thanks very much

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.