This discussion is closed.
ICE_MAN#1
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
hi, i was wandrin if u cud help me cos im stuck. im doin da step-stair cw and i need to find out da generalised formula dat refers 2 all da ova formulas i.e 3n+11, 6n+44 etc. i no der is sum sort ov relationship between triangles an da numbas 1,3,6,10,15,etc. so if u cud help me i wud b grateful thanks
ICE_MAN#1
Report 16 years ago
hi av u found out da generalised formula yet coz i realy need it n quick. so msg bak if u av n thanks
Ashe
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
for everyone that has trouble finding the formula for any step number stairs on any grid the formula is:

n= number that the stairs starts with
x= the number of steps
g= grid (ex 10 by 10 grid, g=10)

n(1/2x(squared) + 1/2x + g+1/6 x(cubed) - g+1/6 x

if you write the formula out its much more clear.

good luck everyone.
CAN ANY1 TELL ME HOW THIS PERSON GOT THIS FORMULA!?!/ I DONT GET IT!!!! PLZ THIS IS URGENT
MindyMandy
Report 15 years ago
Ok...I know this is alot later than everyone else, but I need some help
My coursework is due in like today....but anyhelp would be appreciated cos I'm going to hand it in alfter the weekend
I can do all the work its just knowing what I need to work out and in what order to be systematic and to make sure I cover everything......can you please help me.
THANK YOU!!!
Pustota
Report 14 years ago
But there U gotta pay to read the full essay. Anywhere else you can get it? Free?
There is one here http://www.helptosolve.com
angel_heart
Report 14 years ago
S = Stair size , eg a 3x3 stair s=3
G = Grid size , eg a 10x10 grid=10
A = Amount of 'n'
N= bottom left hand corner of shape
in 2 steps :

1) (Sx(S+1)/2)= A
2) AN+(G+1)x((sxsxs-s)/6)= THE ANSWER

i tried out this formula can ne1 tell me how they got this? thx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads