The Student Room Group

What does sex mean to a girl?

here's a question.

why are girls [in general] less likely to want to sex with a guy based on nothing more than his physical appearance?

guys [as a %, are more inclined to than girls] given the chance, would have sex with a girl they found hot without there needing to be any relationship to it.

like, you hear girls say "oh you just want me for my body" cos often, a guy will want a girl just because of how she looks vs her sparkling personality.

why do you rarely hear the reverse: guys complaining about girls wanting them for their body? or rather girls going for a guy based on his looks alone.

Scroll to see replies

Plenty of girls want boys just for their bodies, it's just that guys don't complain about it.
Reply 2
Addzter
Plenty of girls want boys just for their bodies, it's just that guys don't complain about it.

couldnt have been put better
Reply 3
Addzter

perhaps

ok.. lemme reword it...

Why do girls say stuff like

"oh u just want me for my body"

"oh he used me just for sex" ...

I know why a lot of guys do it, cos girls wouldn't sleep with them otherwise, Whilst I can't agree with doing that, It'd be silly to say it doesn't happen

So hence I asked.. why don't girls allow it more? Like, if I guy said to a girl "i want you just for sex" it wouldn't usually go down well
Reply 4
robb365
couldnt have been put better

i did actually say that myself.

guys don't complain about it

so, why do girls complain about it?
Adonis
perhaps

ok.. lemme reword it...

Why do girls say stuff like

"oh u just want me for my body"

"oh he used me just for sex" ...

I know why a lot of guys do it, cos girls wouldn't sleep with them otherwise, Whilst I can't agree with doing that, It'd be silly to say it doesn't happen

So hence I asked.. why don't girls allow it more? Like, if I guy said to a girl "i want you just for sex" it wouldn't usually go down well

Why do girls say stuff like that? Probably because a lot of the time, the girl sees the sex as being part of a relationship for whatever reason whereas the guy sees it as a simple one night stand. Also, during sex, the girl is generally passive. This itself may be a reason why girls feel 'used' after sex.
Reply 6
Evolution.

Millions of sperm produced a second by a guy

1 egg a month produced by a gal.

Massive difference, so girls have to be faaaar more selective. Good looks won't help offspring that much, other qualities will.
Reply 7
Addzter
Why do girls say stuff like that? Probably because a lot of the time, the girl sees the sex as being part of a relationship for whatever reason whereas the guy sees it as a simple one night stand. Also, during sex, the girl is generally passive. This itself may be a reason why girls feel 'used' after sex.

This is what I don't get, hence the thread.

Why do you have to (in general)
* like the guys personality as well
* want a relationship of sorts with him

just so that the sex can happen?
Reply 8
n0c0ntr0l
Evolution.

Millions of sperm produced a second by a guy

1 egg a month produced by a gal.

Massive difference, so girls have to be faaaar more selective. Good looks won't help offspring that much, other qualities will.

Lol

great...EXPECT for the part, whereby most sex is not for pro-creation.

so..care to explain more?
Reply 9
its different for different girls and in different situations and with different partners

some girls can't seperate emotions and sex
some only go for sex without emotions (one night stands)
others only go for emotional sex - making love to boyfriend

some can distinguish between the two
Addzter

From a personal point of view, I'd just prefer to know where I stood. I'd be less likely to sleep with a guy if that was all he was interested in, purely because I want a bit more than that. Not to say that's it wrong that he doesn't.

What is wrong is giving her false hope of something more to get into her pants and then dropping her the next day.

Essentially, I see no problem with it..as long as you both make your intentions crystal clear.
Because we're more emotionally evolved than men?
Adonis
This is what I don't get, hence the thread.

Why do you have to (in general)
* like the guys personality as well
* want a relationship of sorts with him

just so that the sex can happen?

Well plenty of girls don't care about the personality and just want a one night stand.
Adonis
Lol

great...EXPECT for the part, whereby most sex is not for pro-creation.

so..care to explain more?

That's a scientifical explanation.

Socially its because:

a. girls have more to loose
b. a girl has a lot more choice than a guy does generally so she can afford to be picky.
C. girls aren't really attracted by looks, other qualities such as confidence attract them.
Miss_Scarlett
From a personal point of view, I'd just prefer to know where I stood. I'd be less likely to sleep with a guy if that was all he was interested in, purely because I want a bit more than that. Not to say that's it wrong that he doesn't.

What is wrong is giving her false hope of something more to get into her pants and then dropping her the next day.

Essentially, I see no problem with it..as long as you both make your intentions crystal clear.

But can you ever see yourself in a situation where you agree to a one night stand where it's not clear if a relationship is wanted by both you and your partner?
Addzter
But can you ever see yourself in a situation where you agree to a one night stand where it's not clear if a relationship is wanted by both you and your partner?

That would depend. In general I would say no, not because I think sex= relationship. I also don't think with holding sex until you are in a relationship is always the best idea, because I think there should be a compatibility on a number of levels for it to work.

But I haven't had a one night stand and don't really intend in doing so....because I know I wouldn't like how I felt in the morning.
Reply 16
Another Q.

How do you get your fix then?

some digit action?
girls release 8 times more oxytocin during sex, this chemical makes you want/need/cling to whoever you had sex with, more emotions are involved, hence making it undesirable just to have constant no strings attached sex.

imo we should all just go home, stick on the redtube and pleasure ourselves.
sex is too scary and complex :P
Perhaps part of the problem is girls feeling like they have to conform to the helpless, non-sexually dominant feminine stereotype - i.e. if a girl wanted to have casual sex she might not say for fear of being called a slag?

The opposite may be true for guys, they may feel pressure to live up to the butch, sexually dominant, non-emotional stereotype.

Of course it's probably a way more subtle process than that, and people probably don't even realise they're doing it.
Reply 19
Miss_Scarlett
That would depend. In general I would say no, not because I think sex= relationship. I also don't think with holding sex until you are in a relationship is always the best idea, because I think there should be a compatibility on a number of levels for it to work.

But I haven't had a one night stand and don't really intend in doing so....because I know I wouldn't like how I felt in the morning.

and how would that be then? (curious)

Quick Reply

Latest