Turn on thread page Beta

University of Nottingham: Which hall is the best in University Park? watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Anyone?

The answer will probably be in here somewhere http://www.uk-learning.net/t18833.html

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I haven't received anything from Nottingham despite the fact I got an offer on the UCAS website a month ago which is really worrying me...will I get the accomodation I want?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Thanks. I haven't received anything from Nottingham despite the fact I got an offer on the UCAS website a month ago which is really worrying me...will I get the accomodation I want?!

I'm sure you'll get your first or second choice. If not, you can ask to move when you get there

ReputationRep:
    Cool cool. Thanx! From what i've read Lincoln sounds like the best...

ReputationRep:
    unless they've changed the system, you don't get to choose a specific hall - just 'type' of accommodation... and even that, you're not guaranteed. I ended up with my 3rd choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    unless they've changed the system, you don't get to choose a specific hall - just 'type' of accommodation... and even that, you're not guaranteed. I ended up with my 3rd choice.
    Ooo ic ic! I hopefully will get ensuite....don't want to go to Rutland...it's supposed to suck right?

ReputationRep:
    i was in Rutland and it was fine. Don't listen to what everyone says. It's a nice hall, in a good position, and the en-suite block is only a couple of years old (unfortunately I didn't get an en-suite room). It's reasonably 'central' on campus, close to other halls, and the sports facilities. Rutland just has a reputation for 'cheating' at Karni - the fundraising competition between halls, but iut's lost to the medics the past few years (shame!!!! )

ReputationRep:
    i was in Rutland and it was fine. Don't listen to what everyone says. It's a nice hall, in a good position, and the en-suite block is only a couple of years old (unfortunately I didn't get an en-suite room). It's reasonably 'central' on campus, close to other halls, and the sports facilities. Rutland just has a reputation for 'cheating' at Karni - the fundraising competition between halls, but iut's lost to the medics the past few years (shame!!!! )
    'Cheating', lol. Cool cool, so anywhere is good isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    on't get too hung up over it... where ever you end up, i'm sure you'll make fantastic friends, and then it doesn't really matter anyway!

ReputationRep:
    on't get too hung up over it... where ever you end up, i'm sure you'll make fantastic friends, and then it doesn't really matter anyway!
    Hehehe

hmm there's an additional comments box where you can specify a hall, i wrote lincoln, nightingale or hu stu and got lincoln so i guess that works

most of the accomodation stuff is sent out in may but you can apply online from a certain date-definatly do this! different departments are more organised than others, politics is a bit crap at this stuff so loads of people i know are stuck in broadgate because they received the forms and things too late

rutland won last year and 'won' this by receiving a donation of like £30,000 at the last minute, luckily the medics total had been added up wrong so they did win but a whole load of people were sulking all through the snowflake ball hehe

seriously though anywhere on main campus is great

ReputationRep:
    In my 1st year (when I was in Rutland), rutland got kicked out of Karni... medics won.

I seem to remember FB won last year, and then medics again this year... poor poor Rutland. heehee

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.