Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    According to this morning's CDK, it's one of the favourites to take the Xmas no.1 spot.

I'm surprised this song has taken such a long time to come out - I had the exact same song in Spring and thought it was amazing then - still is - didn't the film come out last yr or something? Never got to see it, so only know it's to do with some big rabbit friend...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    According to this morning's CDK, it's one of the favourites to take the Xmas no.1 spot.

I'm surprised this song has taken such a long time to come out - I had the exact same song in Spring and thought it was amazing then - still is - didn't the film come out last yr or something? Never got to see it, so only know it's to do with some big rabbit friend...

See the film! It's amazing, and the ending is absoloutly perfect for that song! Ask for the film for xmas! Do it right now!

ReputationRep:
    ok i'll have a look out for it. all my friends tell me to go see it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    See the film! It's amazing, and the ending is absoloutly perfect for that song! Ask for the film for xmas! Do it right now!
    I agree it's a great film - quite complicated though - it took me about 4 viewings to work out everything which was going on.

ReputationRep:
    It confused me... didn't the writer of the film even say that it's not supposed to make sense? I'm not sure if I'd watch it again, but the song is neat.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, perfect soundtrack for the ending.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah came out a long time ago...I am sure Richard Kelly(director) said something like you are not suppose to understand it fully but what I saw it as...Donnie uses the time machine to go back to past to save his family...my idea ne way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOAD)
    Yeah came out a long time ago...I am sure Richard Kelly(director) said something like you are not suppose to understand it fully but what I saw it as...Donnie uses the time machine to go back to past to save his family...my idea ne way

tsk tsk. giving away the ending!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

Yeah it annoys me because I downloaded and listened to this song ages ago and now everyone is covering it and saying 'oh have you heard Mad World?' :mad:

It was originally done by some eighties band called Tears for Fears I downloaded that version as well after I watched Donnie Darko. It is very different to gary jules' version. I think the film came out ages in 1999 :eek: originally but didn't do very well so they re-released it last year and it was huge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    tsk tsk. giving away the ending!
    Not giving away the ending..giving my opinion on it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.