The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a 2nd year student and accepted my offer about a week ago for a Boots back home. Hope it goes well 'cos its a Health and Beauty and I haven't heard great things about them.
Reply 21
LostGirl
Hey all

I'm in my first year of pharmacy and have made an application for boots spp but still haven't heard from them :frown:

Is it because i've been rejected?? I'm so worried that i have been. If i was to be successful i would have heard from them by now right? I'm also worried that they won't consider me because my location preferences were birmingham and london both of which are really competitive. And boots is the only place i had applied to!!

I really don't want to waste my summer in 2010. Any ideas on where i could possibly get in? Any advice would be much appreciated!

london is apparently reserved for 3rd years so u wont get into london dont know abt bham. u cud try do hospital (but its tough to get1`) or work at an independent
Reply 22
Peach-On-Ice
I'm a 2nd year student and accepted my offer about a week ago for a Boots back home. Hope it goes well 'cos its a Health and Beauty and I haven't heard great things about them.

wheres back home. ? im sure itll go well as long as u have a good tutor
Reply 23
thanks for the reply mo87

yeah my tutor was saying how hospital is really competitive especially for first years.

shall i just go into independent pharmacies and ask them for work experience on a voluntary basis? As i want to start in the summer, shall i approach them now or wait for a bit?
Reply 24
LostGirl
thanks for the reply mo87

yeah my tutor was saying how hospital is really competitive especially for first years.

shall i just go into independent pharmacies and ask them for work experience on a voluntary basis? As i want to start in the summer, shall i approach them now or wait for a bit?

well u cud wait till march ish then approach them around then if u dont get anything till then ..
Reply 25
yeah i should probs wait till then

Reply 26
Rejection for Boots, Lloyds and Tesco (just found out).
There is no hope!!!! I need a summer placement this year I NEED IT!!!!
Reply 27
shenzys
Rejection for Boots, Lloyds and Tesco (just found out).
There is no hope!!!! I need a summer placement this year I NEED IT!!!!

i need one too. when did boots get back to u? and p.s. which location did u apply to
i still havent heard from tesco. eeeeeeks. i desp need a placement too
Anyone heard that Boots are not offering 1st and 2nd years places in the london area?
Reply 29
yeah i have heard that. im 2nd year. where else hav u applied? and u got any replies
mo87
yeah i have heard that. im 2nd year. where else hav u applied? and u got any replies

Just Lloyds, but i got a "on hold" message so im guessing im :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:.
Reply 31
rushhour72
Anyone heard that Boots are not offering 1st and 2nd years places in the london area?

Last year I had a placement in the london area and there was at least 30 1st and 2nd years in the group that I had the introduction day/ review days with. Unless this has changed, I'm sure 1st and 2nd years do get placements.
Reply 32
it has cuz there was a problem with my app and the lady told me specifically that london is only goin to 3rd ys
fizzerz
Last year I had a placement in the london area and there was at least 30 1st and 2nd years in the group that I had the introduction day/ review days with. Unless this has changed, I'm sure 1st and 2nd years do get placements.

Nah they changed it this year
Reply 34
boots rejected me!!! :'(
Reply 35
me too
Reply 36
have you applied anywhere else where you could get into?
Reply 37
yeah- i got into co-op so i accepted it.
what about u?
Reply 38
well done on getting into co-op

nah i didnt apply anywhere else :frown:
Reply 39
thanks :wink: was gonna ask is co-op good in terms of training n stuff.
dont worry too much ur in 1st year. i dint do any placement in 1st year. (im in yr2)

Latest

Trending

Trending