Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    welcome to my thread i am agent eric and i am here to investigate aliens.Do you believe?

welcome to the e files!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    welcome to my thread i am agent eric and i am here to investigate aliens.Do you believe?

welcome to the e files!
    Aliens are defined as living organisms that did not evolve on Earth. Of course there are - since we are here then life is obviously possible and given the immense size and age of the universe, life will have formed countless times in other areas / times of the universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Aliens are defined as living organisms that did not evolve on Earth. Of course there are - since we are here then life is obviously possible and given the immense size and age of the universe, life will have formed countless times in other areas / times of the universe.
    agrees

ReputationRep:
    the belief is strong with you.

:cool: takes off his agent glasses*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    agrees
    2776 that could be a number code to alien contact

ReputationRep:
    Whats to say we arent actually aliens, or some sort of experiment on a larger scale, we could be like rats in a lab and being toyed with for some ulterior reason unbeknown to us

ReputationRep:

welcome to the e files!
    I do not believe in little green men om march but I think that there is some kind of life out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Whats to say we arent actually aliens, or some sort of experiment on a larger scale, we could be like rats in a lab and being toyed with for some ulterior reason unbeknown to us
    I clearly defined the word 'alien' in my post. This obviously makes us being classed as 'aliens' impossible since there is clear evidence of our evolutionary origins. Please read me posts properly in future.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but not aliens like on tv and in films. green goo is 'aliens' really... theres a british probe (beagle 2) soon to land on mars looking for life (xmas day i think it lands)!!

ReputationRep:
    I clearly defined the word 'alien' in my post. This obviously makes us being classed as 'aliens' impossible since there is clear evidence of our evolutionary origins. Please read me posts properly in future.

I read quite clearly and apologise for an attempt at introducing humour, on a serious note, yes I do believe in aliens, I do believe there is life outside of earth. Im also open to the thought that evolution and the bible are not the only theories as to our creation, considering one states the earth being part of a planet that broke away and the first living organism was an amoeba and the other claims that we were created in anothers image just an opinion

ReputationRep:
    Well, I believe there is other life because I believe there is no point to there not being.

I do not believe life just "spontaneously" formed, because if it did, I believe the organism would have died as soon as it formed. Even if it didn't die, the chances of it and other life living are still pretty bad, being that it would have started out as like bacteria or something. But, then again, life would have had to start in the ocean, on top of the water, between the air and the sea, since all life needs oxygen and water.

Perhaps other life exists in different forms, since other life may not need water or oxygen. I don't know

ReputationRep:
    em... very possible. What about I bet 100 pounds on Beagles 2's landing on Christmas day?

Would like to meet an Alien one day. Getting lonely here on the Earth.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there is life on another planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I believe that there is life on another planet.
    who says there isnt another earth in a different universe were other humans live

ReputationRep:
    who says there isnt another earth in a different universe were other humans live
    Alternative dimensions / realities is a possibilty but since they can never interact with our own it is not worth the disscussion.

ReputationRep:
    who's to say the earth isn't alive? because it doesn't have eyes, or ears, or talk? who's to say the universe isn't alive? you wouldn't believe a tree is living, but it is. You wouldn't believe someone was alive if you didn't see them move, or talk, or feel their pulse.

Afterall, universe contains oxygen, life-itself, nonlife, water, and everything you would need to be "alive". Perhaps the UNIVERSE is more than just "nonliving".

ReputationRep:
    Alternative dimensions / realities is a possibilty but since they can never interact with our own it is not worth the disscussion.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    meaning stop sweating over crap that doesnt affect u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    meaning stop sweating over crap that doesnt affect u
    im not sweating im wondering!

ReputationRep:
    im not sweating im wondering!
    Well there's no point - it's like wondering why a rock is called a rock - it's pointless, you will never find the answer and even if you did the answer would be of no value.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.