Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    to everyone who helped me and supported me last night thankyou so much. You made me realise that people have so much more to give! Thanks so much each and everyone of you!xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    to everyone who helped me and supported me last night thankyou so much. You made me realise that people have so much more to give! Thanks so much each and everyone of you!xxxxxx
    hope evrything is ok atm???
    people have so much more to give!
    don't give anything unless you will get something back

ReputationRep:
    that's really awful - i feel so sorry for you.

i think this time of year with exams and everything everyone is stressed and tension is running high - but there's no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

It may be that time apart when you go to uni will mean she realises how much you mean to her and misses you - and you sound like a great friend so i'm sure she will - but then, do you want a friend like her?

I agree with you - i hate leaving things on a bad note. Maybe you could leave it for a few weeks, see if it calms down, and if she's still being silly when you go to uni just send her a little card saying good luck and goodbye.

as for the holiday...i don't know. go and have a great time with your other friends and just enjoy it if you can! hopefully with other people around she won't be too silly.

ReputationRep:
    we're both at a birthday party together tonight am getting a bit nervous and worried! lol! should I what just not speak or not loook to speak or.....? :confused: any help would be very much appreciated! Lauraxx

ReputationRep:
    Leave her to it. I know your hurting i really do, but just concentrate on your other friends and don't worry about the holiday and stuff. Go on them and enjoy it, whether this girl is there or not. Its obviously her that has the problem with you so why should you miss out because of it.

ReputationRep:
    I saw my mate last night again, as well as thursday, and we just didnt speak and I wanted to i realy did, but i can tell she doesnt want it anymore, but I am finding it so hard to handle the fact that 7 years of such close friendship has gone, I am hurting so much inside and I dont know what to do, i also overheard her telling another friend she wasnt going to newquay anymore on our holiday and, I just know that everyone is going to blame me, and there going to dislike me for ruining the holiday, I feel so confused and hurt, I just wish everthing could be different.

ReputationRep:
    its her decision I'm sure everyone isn't going to blame you for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    its her decision I'm sure everyone isn't going to blame you for it.
    had our argument not have happened though....she would still be going...

ReputationRep:
    *hugs*

I think that so long as you believe you've dont the right thing you shouldn't feel bad about anything. Maybe you should give her a ring and try to tell her how you feel because it seems like such a shame to lose what must have been quite a stong friendship over this. Whilst you have nothing to apologize for, if you say what you think in a polite way (or if possible skirt around the subject :p: ) you might be abl to work something out.

Best of Luck

ReputationRep:
    thats not your problem though shes the one thats acting like the child and making that decision. Don't let her get to you, her plan is probably to make you feel so bad that shes not going that you'll drop out and then she'll go. Don't fall for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viscount)
    *hugs*

I think that so long as you believe you've dont the right thing you shouldn't feel bad about anything. Maybe you should give her a ring and try to tell her how you feel because it seems like such a shame to lose what must have been quite a stong friendship over this. Whilst you have nothing to apologize for, if you say what you think in a polite way (or if possible skirt around the subject :p: ) you might be abl to work something out.

Best of Luck
    I tried to phone her this morning I withheld my number, so she didnt know it was me...and she answered and I spoke and she said LAURA I dont want to speak anymore, I just cant do it, and I said but we just need to tslk things through we both have things to say, and she said I'm babysitting I cant do this anymore lau (the name she always calls more,an affectionate name) and then she hungup) I really don't know whta to think or do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    thats not your problem though shes the one thats acting like the child and making that decision. Don't let her get to you, her plan is probably to make you feel so bad that shes not going that you'll drop out and then she'll go. Don't fall for it.
    I do though i feel awful, i feel like i've ruined the bloody holiday before we've even been! It was all so excitingwhen we were booking it, all through the exams the seven of us were Newquay this and newquay that and it be alright cos we'll be on the beach in X...days and now its like two weeks away and all that exciteent on my behalf has turned to dread and i feel like i'm spoling it for everybody else.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a horrible situation to be in, and it's hard for us to pass judgement either way... because however you describe things, we can never be certain we know all the details of what has gone on:s it would be silly to think we did. I think you need to spend the time going after what you can salvage of your friendship, if that is possible of course. But good luck.

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiosity, you said that you were going to take your pocket money and pay her back for the tickets, did you end up doing that? what happened, did she accept it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    just out of curiosity, you said that you were going to take your pocket money and pay her back for the tickets, did you end up doing that? what happened, did she accept it?
    It was my two mates birthdays this week, so I didnt have the money, but I said to her, I am giving you the 328 she said she didnt want it....? :confused: What should I do? I've tried selling my stuff on ebay to get the money too, but I cant ask my 'rents cos theyll shout, I might next week, not go out at all, and then just take it round...what do you think? Or just post it through in an envelope with maybe a note...? Ive been desperately searching for a job for this £28, i dont know if itll just make things worse..

ReputationRep:
    i dont see why you should pay her at all.
    that thing that the 'advice guy' on this thread (i forgot his name but he asked if he could add you to msn)
    the thing that he said you should say and then walk away, did you say it?

ReputationRep:
    i dont see why you should pay her at all.
    that thing that the 'advice guy' on this thread (i forgot his name but he asked if he could add you to msn)
    the thing that he said you should say and then walk away, did you say it?
    I dont really think I should pay her...but if itll make things better...I tried to talk to her last night she said I dont want to talk to you I want to go and be with andy (her boyfriend), so i said can we not just clear it up..no she replied.. dunoo what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    I dont really think I should pay her...but if itll make things better...I tried to talk to her last night she said I dont want to talk to you I want to go and be with andy (her boyfriend), so i said can we not just clear it up..no she replied.. dunoo what to do
    no you shouldn't pay her, and i dont think her getting £28 from you will make things any better.
    my opinion is she's playing you, she sees that you really miss her, you need to stop calling her and trying to talk to her and give her the message that you want to be friends but if she won't stop acting foolish then you really couldn't give a toss and that you will carry on with your life.
    you dont have to actually say any of this, just act that way. dont be mopey around her and show her that you have gotten over her.

this is sort of the same thing "advice guy" was saying when he said you should 'walk away'. maybe it will give her a realisation, maybe it wouldn't, but keep your dignity and dont let her twist you around.

ReputationRep:
    no you shouldn't pay her, and i dont think her getting £28 from you will make things any better.
    my opinion is she's playing you, she sees that you really miss her, you need to stop calling her and trying to talk to her and give her the message that you want to be friends but if she won't stop acting foolish then you really couldn't give a toss and that you will carry on with your life.
    you dont have to actually say any of this, just act that way. dont be mopey around her and show her that you have gotten over her.

this is sort of the same thing "advice guy" was saying when he said you should 'walk away'. maybe it will give her a realisation, maybe it wouldn't, but keep your dignity and dont let her twist you around.
    I have been trying to do it, and thursday and friday night did it so successfully, I just spent time dancing with friends from another school and having a great time whilst obviously still thinking about it, and I was trying to get to her in that way and I was enjoying it, but then when I think about it and see shes not botheredit hurts me and I get all wrapped up in it, and its a massive emotional battle, I think I know that if deep down she really thought I'd given up and that I didnt want it anymore she would realise and then come to try and salvage it, cos shes that sort of a person, she would think she couldn have it, and then want it, and I know I should play it that way and 85% of the time I can...but sometimes it just catches me unawares and wen i'm tired and stuff I get really caught up and really affected by it!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly DO NOT GIVE THIS GIRL HER MONEY BACK! She mucked you around, not the other way round, its not acceptable in those situations to turn around last minute and cancel and expect anything. Next stop feeling guilty for her behaviour. If she wants to drop out of the holiday fine-thats not your fault, thats her fault. It looks like she's just being a difficult princess and is trying to make it look like your fault.

Stand up for yourself and dont move an inch for her. She maybe rich and spolit and more intelligent but shes got a malignant personality. If shes at parties where you are dont go out of your way to talk to her and dont try to make up. If shes there ina group of friends be polite but dont make conversation. Say hi how are you and thats it, just so your other friends dont get caught in the middle.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.