Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    Firstly DO NOT GIVE THIS GIRL HER MONEY BACK! She mucked you around, not the other way round, its not acceptable in those situations to turn around last minute and cancel and expect anything. Next stop feeling guilty for her behaviour. If she wants to drop out of the holiday fine-thats not your fault, thats her fault. It looks like she's just being a difficult princess and is trying to make it look like your fault.

Stand up for yourself and dont move an inch for her. She maybe rich and spolit and more intelligent but shes got a malignant personality. If shes at parties where you are dont go out of your way to talk to her and dont try to make up. If shes there ina group of friends be polite but dont make conversation. Say hi how are you and thats it, just so your other friends dont get caught in the middle.
    I know and thats what i'm trying to do, but if she doesnt go on this holiday it looks so bad on me, everyones gonna resent me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    I have been trying to do it, and thursday and friday night did it so successfully, I just spent time dancing with friends from another school and having a great time whilst obviously still thinking about it, and I was trying to get to her in that way and I was enjoying it, but then when I think about it and see shes not botheredit hurts me and I get all wrapped up in it, and its a massive emotional battle, I think I know that if deep down she really thought I'd given up and that I didnt want it anymore she would realise and then come to try and salvage it, cos shes that sort of a person, she would think she couldn have it, and then want it, and I know I should play it that way and 85% of the time I can...but sometimes it just catches me unawares and wen i'm tired and stuff I get really caught up and really affected by it!
    dont let it get to you, if you have other mates - and u mentioned u did - hang around them, dont give yourself any time to think about her.

personally if i were you and she came back to make things up i would tell her to **** off

ReputationRep:
    I know and thats what i'm trying to do, but if she doesnt go on this holiday it looks so bad on me, everyones gonna resent me.
    No it doesnt look bad on you, it looks bad on her. You shouldnt have to drop out. Talk to the other girls and explain your side and say that you would be happy for her to be there if she wasnt being such a ***** to you. Its likely your friends are glad thats shes dropping out so there's no tension.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)

personally if i were you and she came back to make things up i would tell her to **** off
    Same here. If you accepted her apology it would show she can treat you like crap whenever she wants.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you lot think i'm such a pathetic emotional wreck! ....i am one lol...and i'm really sorry for boring you with all this ****, its just lovely to talk to people and know that they are listerning. xxx

ReputationRep:
    then tell the others (without getting tearful, you dont even have to explain the story) that you 2 are not really exactly friends but you don't really mind if she comes.
    simple

ReputationRep:
    I spend 10 years in a all girls school I'm used to it!

ReputationRep:
    then tell the others (without getting tearful, you dont even have to explain the story) that you 2 are not really exactly friends but you don't really mind if she comes.
    simple
    yeh i'll say that! I can say we will be in separate rooms, and i'm sure we can both be mature enough to handle the situation, and make small sacrifices to keep the group happy whilst we are away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    I spend 10 years in a all girls school I'm used to it!
    lol...a place full of tears and cat fights i bet..

ReputationRep:
    yeh i'll say that! I can say we will be in separate rooms, and i'm sure we can both be mature enough to handle the situation, and make small sacrifices to keep the group happy whilst we are away.
    see, nothing complicated at all, just remember you shouldn't feel like you owe her £28

ReputationRep:
    see, nothing complicated at all, just remember you shouldn't feel like you owe her £28
    then at least if she doesnt go, I've put my feelings out there and stated my maturity in the matter..should i approach eveybody one by one or...? :confused: and i wont gicve her the £28 I'll go and buy myself a new bikini when I raise it...do u think?

ReputationRep:
    then at least if she doesnt go, I've put my feelings out there and stated my maturity in the matter..should i approach eveybody one by one or...? :confused: and i wont gicve her the £28 I'll go and buy myself a new bikini when I raise it...do u think?
    Indeed!

ReputationRep:
    just go topless

jk

when you are among the people that are going on holiday, bring the topic of your trip up and then mention calmly that you know u 2 aren't on friendly terms but you dont mind her going at all and your not going to let it get in the way of fun.

i would do that opposed to goin up to them 1 by 1 <-- gives the impression that you are making a bigger deal of it when you want it to look like you aren't bothered.

gd luck

ReputationRep:
    just go topless

jk

when you are among the people that are going on holiday, bring the topic of your trip up and then mention calmly that you know u 2 aren't on friendly terms but you dont mind her going at all and your not going to let it get in the way of fun.

i would do that opposed to goin up to them 1 by 1 <-- gives the impression that you are making a bigger deal of it when you want it to look like you aren't bothered.

gd luck
    should I say it when we are all there, as in including jen, the girl who the argument is with?lol I would go topless but....I dont want to scare the seagulls off! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    should I say it when we are all there, as in including jen, the girl who the argument is with?lol I would go topless but....I dont want to scare the seagulls off! :rolleyes:
    yep if shes there go ahead and say it, dont ignore her as you say it, acknowledge her and be straightforward, direct, but friendly.

ReputationRep:
    yep if shes there go ahead and say it, dont ignore her as you say it, acknowledge her and be straightforward, direct, but friendly.
    cool thanx for all the advice

ReputationRep:
    let us know what happens

ReputationRep:
    let us know what happens
    I'm going to do it on a day after moonday cos we're altogether at a birthday party monday and i dont want it to kick off at the party, so it will be after monday!

ReputationRep:
    awww, poor you!

that's so wrong of her AND her family, what a cow! i think you should leave it up to her to do the apologising. or if you don't want to blank her, just arrange a night out with all your mates and send her a text saying something like "drinks tonight if you're up for it".

Good luck and cheer up, worse could've happened!!

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    awww, poor you!

that's so wrong of her AND her family, what a cow! i think you should leave it up to her to do the apologising. or if you don't want to blank her, just arrange a night out with all your mates and send her a text saying something like "drinks tonight if you're up for it".

Good luck and cheer up, worse could've happened!!

xx
    thankyou xxxx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.