Turn on thread page Beta

Hm - gorgeous and thick as a brick, or genius and unattractive? watch

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, if you hadn't been born yet and you could choose, which would you rather be and why? I'd probably approach it by deciding which I'd get more out of in life. *poll coming up*

ReputationRep:
    i rekon genius, because i think intelligence can be really attractive and its so difficult to have a conversation with someone whos stupid!

(just realised that your question was supposed to be about ourselves....so hmmm i guess id rather be a genius than stupid, i think itd get me further! )

ReputationRep:
    I would love to be intelligent, and at the same time look like a stereotypical geek.

Kind of like finch in american pie, but hes stylish.

meh intelleigent and an ugly sod, because then with a good job you can pay for plastic surgery and hire prostitutes, figures huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bethany*)
    Out of interest, if you hadn't been born yet and you could choose, which would you rather be and why? I'd probably approach it by deciding which I'd get more out of in life. *poll coming up*
    be born ugly, be clever, get rich, get a decent surgeon and then your sorted...

in all seriousivity, i like being clever, being able to hold my own with most people on most levels. i'd rather be the part than look the part.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick brains over beauty. Looks fade, and to me intelligence (and personality) is more attractive than empty-headed beauty - you can't have much of a conversation with a good-looking vegetable, can you?

ReputationRep:
    I see someone has voted for the "beautiful and stupid" option...

ReputationRep:
    If i were ever in that situation, i'd simply toss a coin

*nudges El Chueco* btw, Sarky neg repped me, now i'm 50 away :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    If i were ever in that situation, i'd simply toss a coin
    *nudges El Chueco* btw, Sarky neg repped me, now i'm 50 away :bawling:
    a two headed coin?

*gets nudged, thinks, nudges back, whispering "it aint tommorrow yet" *

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most of the points made here. I know that personally I feel better about myself on days when I feel more attractive than on days when I feel like I look yukky, but it doesn't have such a drastic effect on my mood as doing well academically, enjoying a good book or film or having fun with my friends - none of which I could do if I were a *complete* idiot, instead of just being a partial one

I also know that I find intelligent men the biggest turn on - especially if they also have a sense of humour - and good looks are just a bonus - besides, as long as they have gorgeous eyes I don't really mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    a two headed coin?

*gets nudged, thinks, nudges back, whispering "it aint tommorrow yet" *
    *points to his sig*

you have a conditional offer, provided i receive your grades....umm rep

A two headed coin! Heads and its Beautiful and Stupid :eek: Silly bow-wow :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    *points to his sig*
    i'm not blind
    you have a conditional offer, provided i receive your grades....umm rep
    i kinda guessed the "hidden meaning" as well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    there's a big difference between not being attractive and being un-attractive...i would never, ever like to be in a position where i am unattractive.

To be honest, i like being clever. But i know that half the time, people only talk to me because i'm attractive. If i wasn't, most people wouldn't find out that i have a brain.

It's a hard question...i would like to be not attractive and clever but not unattractive and clever.

So, shallow as it might sound...i would pick gorgeous and stupid because stupid people can still be kind and caring and sweet and have other nice qualities like that!

ReputationRep:
    if you were absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, you wouldn't have to work for anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viscount)
    if you were absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, you wouldn't have to work for anything
    ... and you wouldnt know why

ReputationRep:
    beautiful and stupid. Cos im already intelligent and ugly.

ReputationRep:
    both please

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Do u wanna get laid with them or just have a convo?

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer to be clever, i like outwitting people sometimes. But i wouldnt like to be horribly unattractive, just sorta average will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for gorgeous as well.. because I know what being intelligent's like, and while I do enjoy it, I think there must be loads of benefits to being stupid. You never get exasperated at another's stupidity. You never grit your teeth when you see that an apostrophe's in the wrong place. You're easily pleased. People look after you more.

Not that I am so intelligent I'm a genius or anything, but seeing as I have more brains than beauty, I'd also choose the other option for something different to what I've experienced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Mourao)
    It depends. Do u wanna get laid with them or just have a convo?
    Depends though

*thinks back to American Pie....... Band geek :rofl:*

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.