Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This has probably been done. But I was just wondering who is in a band, and if you have done any successful gigs? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a band but we still don't have a name yet. :rolleyes: I sing and play guitar.

ReputationRep:
    lead singer of The Thrillment:cool:
    only started up recently so gigs are way away
    my mates band Blind Harper have done loads of gig though and are really good
    theyre only 16 like us :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a band and we play "successful" concerts all the time

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be in a band but I don't know anyone else who plays instruments well...

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be in a band but I don't know anyone else who plays instruments well...
    I do, I play the guitar (and te flute and piano) we could have a virtual band!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I joined a band a few months back, bunch of lads that had been together in different bands for years, needed a bassist. We've played one gig thus far as we've been coming up with new songs most of the time, hoping to get more gigs in over the summer and hopefully going to record some stuff as well.

ReputationRep:
    i'm in a band!! i know this thread might be dead by now but i just found it :rolleyes:
    we've done quite a lot of gigs and been on radio a couple of times and we were in a tv series heh (embarrassing!!)
    also we supported and backed a few professional singers and bands.
    i love being in a band but we're all splitting for uni

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a band, though we haven't practised for aaaaaaaaages. And we've only had one proper paid gig - we got paid in dresses

ReputationRep:
    Im in a punk/classic rock band, although we've only actually ever played one song together as a group. No gigs Me and my friend are starting a duo though, we're just gonna do acoustic music, our band is just way too disfunctional, all of the other members are so damn busy that we cant actually practise let alone play a single gig.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be in a band, maybe some of you will employ me??I can play 'the house of the raising sun'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aggi)
    I'd love to be in a band, maybe some of you will employ me??I can play 'the house of the raising sun'!
    we did that song! heh... what a disaster... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I used to be...played guitar.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a hardcore/punk band but we are no more I think. We recorded an EP earlier this year but I got bored with the music (or lack of?!) and our drummer went to france. It was a pretty angry band and I'm not really an angry person so I'm looking for a happier band at uni! Anyhoo, have a listen and see what you think... www.purevolume.com/theimprintuk

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a band with grave_dreams !! We have yet to get more instrument players to record the album, but yeah we write our own songs and we almost have 6 done for our first album yey!!

Random One

ReputationRep:
    my band supported biffy clyro in wolverhampton
    but we werent approached by anyone

no, thats rubbish, but my mate's band did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aggi)
    lol, me and my friend are playing that at our very first gig! Im singing it, hopefully I dont get too nervous and screw it up, but anyways we practised a few times today and it sounds pretty good. If anyone lives near or in Coventry come check us out at the Tin Angel !

ReputationRep:
    Used to be. Played guitar in a rock band. That was when I was in America, aged 14-17. We played mostly parties at first, then a few small clubs. Was fun. Takes a lot of dedication if you want to do it properly to attempt to make any sort of living from it.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a band for a good while now, but we have yet to find a lead singer. I can do a spot-on impression of Anthony Keidis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so I sing, but it's hard to pull of my really funky bass riffs whilst singing. I'm not a bass god. My best friend is a guitar god though . . .
    If anyone has heard the riff to Hysteria by Muse, he casn play that while jumping up and down on a trampoline. Perfectly. We have written loads of stuff, but we need a lead singer, and fast. We've signed up for an unsigned bands concert in November, so there will be loads of scouts there and, judging by the 5-star reviews given to us by the guys at our school after a mini-show we did, we should do alright.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.