Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.io2technology.com/

They can display images into thin air, which, I believe, you are able to walk through. Check it out, pretty tight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)

They can display images into thin air, which, I believe, you are able to walk through. Check it out, pretty tight.

Like a hologram? Sort of like Rimmer in Red Dwarf!

ReputationRep:
    wow!!!!! that is sooooo amazing!!!!!!!!, its amazing how fast technology is advancing nowardays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    Like a hologram? Sort of like Rimmer in Red Dwarf!
    ? holograms are a lot different arent they? they're like plastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    ? holograms are a lot different arent they? they're like plastic

Rimmer on Red dwarf isn't. You can walk through him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    Rimmer on Red dwarf isn't. You can walk through him!
    dont know Rimmer on Red Dwarf is sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)

Well as it's a Tv show, your definition is probably more accurate

ReputationRep:
    it could be a hoax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    Red Dwarf rules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Red Dwarf rules!
    yes but Caz is in the US where they don't get our quality comedies.

ReputationRep:
    pretty cool

I'm pretty sure it's real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    I'm pretty sure it's real.
    have you read the way that they do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    No it's real, I'm pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    i want one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)

And the point of this invention is?

If you think logically about it, why would anybody want to walk through it anyway? The contraption probably costs lots of money, and after you have walked through the "thin air images" once, what then? You will be bored.
    This is pointless, flatscreen tv's are better. Cheaper and better.

(Original post by elpaw)
    I'm not sure what you mean. I did a search for it and there were a load of reputable sites writing about it, so it's almost definitely real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    I'm not sure what you mean. I did a search for it and there were a load of reputable sites writing about it, so it's almost definitely real.
    The Heliodisplay modifies the properties of air within a localized environment. Air comes into the device, is ejected and illuminated to produce the image.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gayboy09)
    And the point of this invention is?

If you think logically about it, why would anybody want to walk through it anyway? The contraption probably costs lots of money, and after you have walked through the "thin air images" once, what then? You will be bored.
    This is pointless, flatscreen tv's are better. Cheaper and better.
    I only said you can walk through it to get the point across of what it is before you clicked the link. It's a floating image. It can be seen from all angles, which is probably the best part to the invention, and it's 3D, and being that you can walk through it means it is really like a little miniature model of whatever you want it to be. They could start making 3D movies, T.V. shows, etc.

It also says you can use it as a touch-tone thing too. So you can have like menus and stuff, and computers like this. Also, meaning, 3D computers, virtual life, basically.

Also, it stores easier, being that it takes up less space, because the screen DOESN'T EXIST.

Basically, it'll change everything. Imagine having a huge floor that's this device. You can walk on top of it, and it has a bunch of virtual images all over the place. You can make like really really neat ****, basically. Like 3D cities, which you can see, but since they are just virtual or whatever, it doesn't take up much resources, you can walk right through them, less "hazards", whatever else. I don't know, just some ideas

Imagine walking around in a mall where everything is virtual, and you can change them at anytime. You could be sitting in New York one minute, then it all changes and now you're in like, I don't know, the bottom of the ****ing ocean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    I only said you can walk through it to get the point across of what it is before you clicked the link. It's a floating image. It can be seen from all angles, which is probably the best part to the invention, and it's 3D, and being that you can walk through it means it is really like a little miniature model of whatever you want it to be. They could start making 3D movies, T.V. shows, etc.

It also says you can use it as a touch-tone thing too. So you can have like menus and stuff, and computers like this. Also, meaning, 3D computers, virtual life, basically.

Also, it stores easier, being that it takes up less space, because the screen DOESN'T EXIST.

Basically, it'll change everything. Imagine having a huge floor that's this device. You can walk on top of it, and it has a bunch of virtual images all over the place. You can make like really really neat ****, basically. Like 3D cities, which you can see, but since they are just virtual or whatever, it doesn't take up much resources, you can walk right through them, less "hazards", whatever else. I don't know, just some ideas

Imagine walking around in a mall where everything is virtual, and you can change them at anytime. You could be sitting in New York one minute, then it all changes and now you're in like, I don't know, the bottom of the ****ing ocean.
    it's not 3d, its 2d, like a floating computer screen

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.