Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    it's not 3d, its 2d, like a floating computer screen
    That's not the point, it's 2D now, but they keep updating the site with new stuff. It's only a matter of time, now that they can project images into mid air, before it's 3D.

There's no screen, so it isn't limited to one angle.

ReputationRep:
    ...and even if they didn't make 3D (which is impossible, because the device itself already has possibility of 3D, and you like half the world's geniuses and crap are gonna spend like their whole life making 3D ****--you know them people, the people that spend their whole lives doing special affects, making movies, etc. There's no way they wouldn't use it to make 3D images) they could still use it to make like huge walls of images, and then you can just walk through them and see other walls. Like big art displays or something like different. I don't know I'm not that creative, you figure it out

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    this thing really doesnt make sense though. i don't see how it could possibly be real or work, you know? i mean, it's new and it seems to be getting a lot of attention, and everyone seems to think it's real, but the thing doesn't make sense

how can you both see the same image sitting on two different sides of it, or two separate images? and how can you change its translucency? this makes no sense. i don't get how it could work at all

any geeks out there care to explain their theories??? cuz i dont know ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    this thing really doesnt make sense though. i don't see how it could possibly be real or work, you know? i mean, it's new and it seems to be getting a lot of attention, and everyone seems to think it's real, but the thing doesn't make sense

how can you both see the same image sitting on two different sides of it, or two separate images? and how can you change its translucency? this makes no sense. i don't get how it could work at all

any geeks out there care to explain their theories??? cuz i dont know ****
    that's what i said. they say that thyy are changing the optical proprties of air, then just blow it out, making it adopt a certain positional configuration and illuminate it. it smells of hoax to me.

ps noone in limeyland has even heard of it, so noone is giving it attention over here. i hadn't even heard of it until you mentioned it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    that's what i said. they say that thyy are changing the optical proprties of air, then just blow it out, making it adopt a certain positional configuration and illuminate it. it smells of hoax to me.

ps noone in limeyland has even heard of it, so noone is giving it attention over here. i hadn't even heard of it until you mentioned it.
    ya no one's seen it yet but they have a scheduled demonstration or whatever

i dont see how it could possibly just put an image in thin air, let alone have the crap it does

ReputationRep:
    check this **** out!

http://www.io2technology.com/images.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    check this **** out!

http://www.io2technology.com/images.htm
    Oooooooooh...

wonder how it works.

ReputationRep:
    persoanally, i kan't get my head around ho it is supposed to work. It will change the environment if they mess about with the air particles.

Kan someone please try and clarify things up.
    It does seem like a hoax to me.
    Just becasue they have a couple of pics and a real looking site doesn't mean they are real.

Anway, if it turns out to be true, i will be hear really quickly to delete this message. Ha ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    persoanally, i kan't get my head around ho it is supposed to work. It will change the environment if they mess about with the air particles.

Kan someone please try and clarify things up.
    It does seem like a hoax to me.
    Just becasue they have a couple of pics and a real looking site doesn't mean they are real.

Anway, if it turns out to be true, i will be hear really quickly to delete this message. Ha ha.
    i dont know if it's real this is our mission on uk learning

we can't figure it out! perhaps it shoots light up to reflect off air particles? i dont know, that wouldnt make sense though. you know? you cant see rainbow without water, so i dont see how a machine could put light into thin-air

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    i dont know if it's real this is our mission on uk learning

we can't figure it out! perhaps it shoots light up to reflect off air particles? i dont know, that wouldnt make sense though. you know? you cant see rainbow without water, so i dont see how a machine could put light into thin-air
    Maybe it charges ozone particles? Excite teh air particles? I really havn't the foggiest. The thing is though since it has given demos then it must be real...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Maybe it charges ozone particles? Excite teh air particles? I really havn't the foggiest. The thing is though since it has given demos then it must be real...
    but you can't prove the demos are real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    but you can't prove the demos are real
    That is true. I don't think it is fake. I believe it is real. Well we will soon know when it registers patent and get a finicial backer.

Why would it be fake anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Rimmer could be walked through on earlier episodes I think, until he was changed into 'hard light' or something which meant that people no longer could.

I'm such a Red Dwarf geek.

GO KRYTEN!

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    That is true. I don't think it is fake. I believe it is real. Well we will soon know when it registers patent and get a finicial backer.

Why would it be fake anyway?
    why not? they put up a website and get lots of fuss

people are weird. think of all the hoaxes

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.