Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's your take on this recent event. I'm a very open-minded person. I'm a christian I don't believe in Homosexuality however, I don't believe it's our decision to judge people, we ourselves are sinners, even though not severely, well in some cases yes. I believe in hate the sin not the sinner.

- Dexnell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexnell)
    What's your take on this recent event. I'm a very open-minded person. I'm a christian I don't believe in Homosexuality however, I don't believe it's our decision to judge people, we ourselves are sinners, even though not severely, well in some cases yes. I believe in hate the sin not the sinner.

- Dexnell
    It's up to the church who they want to get married. I don't really care, as long as homosexuals are allowed to have civil unions.

And I don't think homosexuals are sinners. I believe that those who think homosexuals are bad are 'sinners'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inequality)
    It's up to the church who they want to get married. I don't really care, as long as homosexuals are allowed to have civil unions.

And I don't think homosexuals are sinners. I believe that those who think homosexuals are bad are 'sinners'.
    And I believe that those who think the 'homo-dubious' are bad are 'sinners'. :rolleyes:

Does anybody know if Spains age of consent is still 13? Curious, but not for personal reasons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexnell)
    I don't believe in Homosexuality however,
    Do you mean you don't believe homosexuality exists, just as I "don't believe in god", because I can find no evidence for the existence of such an entity? I should have thought that homosexuality- the existence of people who engage in homosexual acts- pretty obviously exists. If you don't mean that, what do you mean?
    I don't believe it's our decision to judge people, we ourselves are sinners, even though not severely, well in some cases yes.
    You have just decided to judge here. It isn't clear what you have judged or what your judgment is, but you have judged.
    I believe in hate the sin not the sinner.- Dexnell
    Presumably it's mere collateral damage if the sinner suffers when you punish the sin.

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone who thinks this should not happen is an arrogant homophobe, I have not heard a single good reason why same sex marridge should be banned, just selfish things similar to "I don't like homosexuality and therefore I don't think anyone else should be allowed to do it, regardless of how ignorant my opinion is".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inequality)

Do you know what a "sin" is?

ReputationRep:
    This is very good. A marriage is a contract between individuals, the state shold not interfere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    This is very good. A marriage is a contract between individuals, the state shold not interfere.
    The state interfers in contracts all the time. That's why we have contract law.

ReputationRep:
    Of course gay people should be allowed to marry.

It's up to the individual body whether they will marry them in their religious context, but I can't see what anyone would seriously have against a loving, equal, stable relationship. Any religion which preaches love is so far in the wrong when they ban gay marriage - they're essentially banning an expression of love which is ridiculous. And isn't it up to God to judge them?

skevvybritt x

ReputationRep:
    Good for them. Gays are what make this world great.

ReputationRep:
    Gay people have been marrying for centuries. Gay people have been marrying gay people for centuries. It's just that up to now one of the partners in the marriage had to be a man and the other a woman. This is an innovation because gay people of the same sex are now allowed to marry each other.
    Why aren't heterosexual people of the same sex allowed to marry each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    The state interfers in contracts all the time. That's why we have contract law.
    No you don't understand. When i say contract i mean an agreement which affects those two people alone i.e marriage. Now we have contract law for when disputes arise and of course people who are marrying are not disputing whether to marry or not. The state only interfers when people can't agree. This is not the case with marriage thus your point is irrelavent.

ReputationRep:
    No you don't understand. When i say contract i mean an agreement which affects those two people alone i.e marriage. Now we have contract law for when disputes arise and of course people who are marrying are not disputing whether to marry or not. The state only interfers when people can't agree. This is not the case with marriage thus your point is irrelavent.
    So, if I form a contract with you for me to assasinate someone you'd like to be rid of then, because we are in agreement and it's between us alone, the state should stay out of it?

ReputationRep:
    So, if I form a contract with you for me to assasinate someone you'd like to be rid of then, because we are in agreement and it's between us alone, the state should stay out of it?
    Please read what i write:

When i say contract i mean an agreement which affects those two people alone i.e marriage
    Taking a life harms someone. Marrying may offend someone but on that logic we should ban so much as many things offend people.

ReputationRep:
    Please read what i write:

Taking a life harms someone. Marrying may offend someone but on that logic we should ban so much as many things offend people.
    No time for a pissing match on this.

ReputationRep:
    No time for a pissing match on this.
    I don't know what that means.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what that means.
    It means I'm not interested in discussing this further.

ReputationRep:
    It means I'm not interested in discussing this further.
    What have you had 2 warnings for Howard?

(Original post by mik1w)
    I have not heard a single good reason why same sex marridge should be banned, .
    I believe that the vast majority of people are in favor of civil unions, but I think most people object to using the word "marriage".

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference? A marriage is a civil union. It may be a religious union as well, of course, but unless it has been validated legally it isn't a marriage under civil law.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.